Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Thor H2 review

I believe the emails come from China, though, not Greece. I didn't know you were in the UK. You ought to put that under your avatar.

OK, will do. The uk on my u/n denotes this also.

We are both talking about Zeus lasers, right? They are based in Greece, and that's where their warehouse is.

Oh, sorry. I don't know anything about Zeus lasers. They may be based in China, I don't know. All the Thor lasers have come out of China and all the companies I'm aware of that carry them are based there.

Tbh it could well have come from China originally, like GSS says it's so identical it's probably rebadged from the same mass produced generic unit. Anyhow Zeus' customers who've fed back all appear to be happy, and the chap takes time out at late hours to communicate, it's the little things I pick up on when choosing a supplier.
On a similar note I believe somebody said jetlasers are a good company to deal with also?

Last edited:
Yes, Jetlasers is a good company with years of supplying members here with good quality lasers. If you were in the US and contemplating a Jetlasers build I would recommend you contact hakzaw1 as he is their supplier here in the states. He is a great guy to deal with and a long time member of LPF.

Last edited:
I will get into building at some point, I just wanted a ready made for the collection. I did make a red burner once from a dvd-r drive, I pulled a pen pointer apart and mounted the diode in place of the old one and altered the driver to suit. Long time ago now though.
I'd love to make a 1W direct green but the diodes are a bit pricey still. I saw the pictures on here of the guy who built the hulk, forget their name, impressive! As with all lasers though, pictures don't do the justice of seeing the beam in person do they. Must be insanely more intense at 1W than a blue or red, what with our eyes' much higher sensitivity to green.

Last edited:
I think that was Jordan's (DTR) build. IIRC, he put it in an MS-SSW-II host and because it was one of the first ones here and it was so brightly green he named it that. That was a few years ago, so I hope I'm remembering it correctly.

DTR

It is doing alright. Still a big knot under the skin but not puffed up or discolored anymore.

I take ginger root and curcumin for their anti inflammatory effects, not sure how much they help but don't hurt AFAIK.

Hope it resolves on its own. But, if it doesn't, you might want to have that checked out by a practitioner of your choice.