Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

this is why I don't like my friends knowing my hobby.

QUOTE: Oh and bite me lasersbee..... Oh wait, Does this make what I just said ok ? ... It's a dead ceiling
fan with a blade that broke off in my work room and there are no videos of it and only a few pictures of it posted here alone, Blatantly strawman much there lasersbee ??? I know what I really think... What do they call those little creatures that live under bridges ? It escapes me at the moment......
: END QUOTE

You're mincing words and creating a false narrative, leaving a multi watt laser propped up pointing almost straight up while you walk a block away is a bad idea for many reasons, one being air traffic, if a helicopter flew over he could be right on top of it with his spotlight on faster than you could run back and turn it off.

Also your ceiling fan blade being broken off in your workroom is not what your video showed, I see ceiling behind the fan blade, now I say it's your fan burn it if you want, but what you said creates a different image than the video.

You have been burning on that fan, on your ceiling with your ThorII and then your 44/Hammer, so it's a target and that's ok by me, but what you said is misleading, did you take a broken fan from your workroom and install it in a room with a stippled drywall ceiling?

stippled drywall ceiling ??? What are you talking about ??? There no stippled drywall ceiling in my house, We bought the house NEW !

Nothing I've said is misleading or untrue, Your just misunderstanding !

I repeat, The fan is dead (can not be repaired), The dead fan is in my work room, The fan is a 5 bladed fan with one blade broken off.

And let me clarify, The fan IS in my work room where is has always been, My work room DOESN"T have a stippled drywall ceiling nor does any room in my house and that is exactly what that video showed, AND the fan does have a broken off blade !

Why in the world would you think I'm trying to mislead you ??? That's just insane ???

As for the night sky I have been in general aviation for most of my life and I've lived in my house which was bought new when I moved here in 1990 and beginning in 1990 I worked at the north las vegas airport up until a few years ago, And I know what the fight paths are in this area and at night NO ONE would be flying to OR from north las vegas airport from the direction of my house because to do so they would be on a heading towards Mt Charleston which traveling by airplane is not far away AND Lone Mountain is even closer !

AND the commercial airliners are not allowed to come anywhere near this area nor would they ever want to because of the mountain range the large communities like the one I live in are some what pressed up against !

And the ONLY aircraft that would be flying anywhere near this area would be the metro helicopter which can be heard LONG before he could get close to my house ! Any talk of me endangering ANY aircraft is just pure nonsense !

What's gotten into you RC ???

My god, Unsubscribed !

Last edited:

I would like for people to be cautious with their lasers outside at night and not get laws passed that will take away something I enjoy.

As for your fan it just seems like your making excuses, as far as I am concerned you can say it's my fan and I do what ever the hell I want to with it.

As for possibly adding fuel to the laser/aircraft excuse for lawmakers to power grab and further restrict a supposedly free people, please don't become part of the problem.

I
As for your fan it just seems like your making excuses, as far as I am concerned you can say it's my fan and I do what ever the hell I want to with it.

please don't become part of the problem.

Excuses for what ??? What are you talking about ??? I don't "say" It is my fan, IT IS my fan in my work room !

If I can do whatever the hell I want with my fan WHY are we even talking about it ??? That doesn't seem to be the case if you are going to take shots at me about it ?

And I'm not part of the problem, and I've never been, despite any misconception anyone might have about me, I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING and frankly despite what anyone thinks people just can't know what I'm truly doing from posts in a forum ! That would be like thinking you know what a symphony sounds like from listening only to the cello in the orchestra.....

Last edited:
I know what's going to happen, they will pass a law making it illegal for anyone to operate a laser over 5mw outdoors or in public buildings, including shopping centers or privately owned buildings that serve the public without a valid laser training certificate, a laser operators license and a permit for each event showing the time and day as well as the place.

Homebrew backyard and pointing at stars will be limited to approved astronomy associations who have a permit for a remote area with supervision.

Don't be surprised when every single phone pole and light pole has a camera sending digitized multiplexed information to processing centers where algorithms look for the appearance of straight lines.

People will have to set up laser areas with exhaust vents in their basements, until they attack ownership.

----edit----

I am talking about your fan because you were making excuses for targeting your fan, who cares if it works or not, it can be a 10,000 dollar working antique, I DGAF if it's yours you can crap on it and set it on fire, no excuse needed, obviously you felt the need to justify what you were doing.

Leaving a 7 watt laser aimed upward and walking a block away is flipping ignorant, that orchestra I don't need to hear about how you know the flight path of every private plane making a u turn, YOU DONT, at the very least someone should be watching it at arms length.

Last edited:
Everything cool gets regulated, cars, airplanes, lasers.... Will need a license for a computer next.

Without personal responsibility we lose personal liberty, what's wrong is we all pay for the most irresponsible among us, it's a recipe for bondage, but who has time to fight every battle...who has time?

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

Razako

Honestly I think it's a little overkill worrying so much about what members here are doing. At worst, the members here aren't gonna cause even 1/1000th of the harm the "idiots with cheep $8 303s from ebay" crowd are causing to this hobby.

It seems to me that most, if not all, of these problems are caused by non LPF members. I have to agree with Razako on this one.

We have to do something about the cell tower obstruction lights. They are blinding drivers at night with them. Every five seconds I'm being attacked by these tower lights while on the road at night. It makes my vision grainy and causes extreme eye strain. May need medical treatment before returning to duty.

Last edited:

Radim

This isn't all my friends, just a couple PI** me off with this crap!
I'm obviously the Blue and he's the white.
I wasn't gonna post this but I kinda wanted to.

Update:
I'm sorry everyone for not posting this right right way.
That picture was actually a screenshot of a news story here in Oklahoma City of a man hitting a police helicopter, and my friend sent it to me saying how he keeps expecting me to be on the news one day, probably just because I'm the only one he knows with powerful lasers (somewhat) lol
And I got mad at him wondering why the hell he would think that. I just didn't want anyone thinking I knew this Person who did it. I apologize everyone.

Oh, sorry to hear that. Does not seem he meant it as a sarcastic joke.

My friends all think my lasers are cool. I've been showing lasers for many years, though. Long before pointers came around. I gave my daughter a He-Ne laser to take to school when she was 9 years old. It was the life of show and tell that day. She had been taught at an early age how to use lasers safely and that particular laser was under 5 mW.
Great! I'll do the same once I have a kid - I plan to educate her/him in various subjects as well as science and lasers. It is good to show kids how awesome this world is and what can be done as experiment to get to know it. I remember my times in elementary school when I was doing and presenting cool electrolysis of salt water in chemistry lesson with own home made aparatus. A lot I learned even it was quite dangerous (chlorine, hydrogen and NaOH produced). Especially electrolyte with NaOH became quite concentrated and left burn marks when spilled on cardboard box.

diachi

But all else aside I have seen helicopters flying low come by my house and the audible warning time depends on their airspeed and altitude, they can come up low and fast so be in control of your laser, this is a good piece of advice, I do not agree with the stupid laws, but I don't want to see them get any worse.

Depends on the specific model of helicopter too to some extent. They're all loud, but a Bell 214 tends to be a bit louder than a Eurocopter AS350 for example. Talking from experience, having worked in aviation and having been next to various different aircraft taking off/landing/doing maintenance tests. Always enjoyed watching the 214s the most. That said, probably not a massive difference in volume from any sort of distance, although the actual tone/sound is quite different.

Leaving a 7 watt laser aimed upward and walking a block away is flipping ignorant, that orchestra I don't need to hear about how you know the flight path of every private plane making a u turn, YOU DONT, at the very least someone should be watching it at arms length.

The only time doing that might be alright is if you cleared the operation with the FAA (or other relevant authority for your country) and a NOTAM has been issued, but even then best practice would dictate that someone should be monitoring the laser at all times. The regulations may even state that as a requirement for the operation, I'm not familiar enough with U.S. regulations.

Last edited:
Oh and bite me lasersbee..... Oh wait, Does this make what I just said ok ? :crackup::crackup::crackup:...:whistle: It's a dead ceiling
fan with a blade that broke off in my work room and there are no videos of it and only a few pictures of it posted here alone, Blatantly strawman much there lasersbee ??? I know what I really think...:whistle: What do they call those little creatures that live under bridges ? It escapes me at the moment......
You don't even know what videos you posted...:crackup::crackup::crackup:
See RC's post that you Quoted on this Thread.
Stop Trolling by trying to refute the Obvious..:tsk:

stippled drywall ceiling ??? What are you talking about ??? There no stippled drywall ceiling in my house, We bought the house NEW !

Nothing I've said is misleading or untrue, Your just misunderstanding !

I repeat, The fan is dead (can not be repaired), The dead fan is in my work room, The fan is a 5 bladed fan with one blade broken off.

And let me clarify, The fan IS in my work room where is has always been, My work room DOESN"T have a stippled drywall ceiling nor does any room in my house and that is exactly what that video showed, AND the fan does have a broken off blade !

My god, Unsubscribed !
Who cares if the Fan is Dead....
You posted the Pics and Video of the Burnt-by-Laser
Fan in your home to try and impress us... How's that
working for you.:thinking:

Want to impress us...
Use your Lasers in a safe manner.

Setting a Ceiling Fan into flames in a flammable structure
is not Safe. I don't care if it's your house... You don't own
your neighbor's homes or property.

Propping up a powered 'ON' high powered Laser outside
while shining it into the night sky and walking away from
leaving it 'ON' and alone is irresponsible...IMO
Had you at least had a spotter near the Laser would
have been the safe thing to do and no one would have
questioned it. But then again... you seem to like to
Troll the members here with some Laser Drama...

BTW... you can use Google to find out what Stipple is.
That famous DEAD ceiling fan of yours is obviously
mounted on a STIPPLED/TEXTURED surface as we can
all see in the supplied Video and pics.

Jerry

Last edited:
QUOTE: Oh and bite me lasersbee..... Oh wait, Does this make what I just said ok ? ... It's a dead ceiling
fan with a blade that broke off in my work room and there are no videos of it and only a few pictures of it posted here alone, Blatantly strawman much there lasersbee ??? I know what I really think... What do they call those little creatures that live under bridges ? It escapes me at the moment......
: END QUOTE

You're mincing words and creating a false narrative, leaving a multi watt laser propped up pointing almost straight up while you walk a block away is a bad idea for many reasons, one being air traffic, if a helicopter flew over he could be right on top of it with his spotlight on faster than you could run back and turn it off.

Also your ceiling fan blade being broken off in your workroom is not what your video showed, I see ceiling behind the fan blade, now I say it's your fan burn it if you want, but what you said creates a different image than the video.

You have been burning on that fan, on your ceiling with your ThorII and then your 44/Hammer, so it's a target and that's ok by me, but what you said is misleading, did you take a broken fan from your workroom and install it in a room with a stippled drywall ceiling?

I have to admit, really cool video though.

Everything cool gets regulated, cars, airplanes, lasers.... Will need a license for a computer next.
Hah! Yeah I wouldn't be a bit surprised.

Honestly I think it's a little overkill worrying so much about what members here are doing. At worst, the members here aren't gonna cause even 1/1000th of the harm the "idiots with cheep $8 303s from ebay" crowd are causing to this hobby.
I was actually just thinking that the other day, I'm glad you said that Raz, because you're right.

Oh, sorry to hear that. Does not seem he meant it as a sarcastic joke.

Great! I'll do the same once I have a kid - I plan to educate her/him in various subjects as well as science and lasers. It is good to show kids how awesome this world is and what can be done as experiment to get to know it. I remember my times in elementary school when I was doing and presenting cool electrolysis of salt water in chemistry lesson with own home made aparatus. A lot I learned even it was quite dangerous (chlorine, hydrogen and NaOH produced). Especially electrolyte with NaOH became quite concentrated and left burn marks when spilled on cardboard box.
It definitely doesn't seem that way at all, you're right, it's sad to think a good friend would mess with me about "expecting to see me on the new" that's okay, at least he doesn't own any lasers :crackup: by the way, I'm glad you mentioned that about teaching your future kids about lasers and safety of course, because my girlfriend has always heard me talk about them so much I think she's tired of hearing it, lol she doesn't even own any or even touch mine and she fully understands so much about them thanks to me :) she's actually a little terrified of them due to the fact that I've told her these things can reach hundreds of times brighter than the sun, probably thousands depending on the power of it.

Radim

I have to admit, really cool video though.

It definitely doesn't seem that way at all, you're right, it's sad to think a good friend would mess with me about "expecting to see me on the new" that's okay, at least he doesn't own any lasers :crackup: by the way, I'm glad you mentioned that about teaching your future kids about lasers and safety of course, because my girlfriend has always heard me talk about them so much I think she's tired of hearing it, lol she doesn't even own any or even touch mine and she fully understands so much about them thanks to me :) she's actually a little terrified of them due to the fact that I've told her these things can reach hundreds of times brighter than the sun, probably thousands depending on the power of it.

You know, some people are just not very inteligent in terms of EQ (emotional intelligence) and/or he is not your friend at all.

Of course it depends on kids as some are responsible and listening enough to be allowed to use lasers in quite a low age - under supervisory of course. I believe even some pointer of low power (below 5 mW as quite eye safe) might be given to them once they are experienced enough. Even higher powers but still they should be supervised. Although there is usually 18 years limit for class 3B and above, I do not believe like 15-16 years old responsible, experienced and more like adult character and personality should be supervised all the time. Like I was allowed to use air gun for targer shooting. There was always safe environment and I was aware what it can cause. Lasers are very similar to weapons, so they should be treated similar way. The worst thing, I think about, might be they would borrow/show it to their firends, so they should be warned not to do it as you know how it is with people not aware of lasers. Basically I'm saying it depends on individual case.

I hope my kid(s) will become passionated about science and technology and will love educating themselves across all areas. Definitely lasers are awesome way to go deeper in technology as well as science. The world is so fascinating place and with passion to explore they will never get bored from it. In addition it is great for their future... I'm just worried a bit if they would not get bored in school if I will teach them everything before. :D But still if they will be capable to do it they might go to some school for more advanced/smart kids. Time will show as I do not have any kids yet. :D

I know what's going to happen, they will pass a law making it illegal for anyone to operate a laser over 5mw outdoors or in public buildings, including shopping centers or privately owned buildings that serve the public without a valid laser training certificate, a laser operators license and a permit for each event showing the time and day as well as the place.
That fairly well describes the law presently.
Homebrew backyard and pointing at stars will be limited to approved astronomy associations who have a permit for a remote area with supervision.

Don't be surprised when every single phone pole and light pole has a camera sending digitized multiplexed information to processing centers where algorithms look for the appearance of straight lines.

People will have to set up laser areas with exhaust vents in their basements, until they attack ownership.

----edit----

It's difficult to envision how a laser beam pointed straight up is a hazzard to aircraft. To date laser interference with aircraft occur when a laser is pointed at an aircraft.

Last edited:
You know, some people are just not very inteligent in terms of EQ (emotional intelligence) and/or he is not your friend at all.

Of course it depends on kids as some are responsible and listening enough to be allowed to use lasers in quite a low age - under supervisory of course. I believe even some pointer of low power (below 5 mW as quite eye safe) might be given to them once they are experienced enough. Even higher powers but still they should be supervised. Although there is usually 18 years limit for class 3B and above, I do not believe like 15-16 years old responsible, experienced and more like adult character and personality should be supervised all the time. Like I was allowed to use air gun for targer shooting. There was always safe environment and I was aware what it can cause. Lasers are very similar to weapons, so they should be treated similar way. The worst thing, I think about, might be they would borrow/show it to their firends, so they should be warned not to do it as you know how it is with people not aware of lasers. Basically I'm saying it depends on individual case.

I hope my kid(s) will become passionated about science and technology and will love educating themselves across all areas. Definitely lasers are awesome way to go deeper in technology as well as science. The world is so fascinating place and with passion to explore they will never get bored from it. In addition it is great for their future... I'm just worried a bit if they would not get bored in school if I will teach them everything before. :D But still if they will be capable to do it they might go to some school for more advanced/smart kids. Time will show as I do not have any kids yet. :D
I couldn't have said it better myself :D
I'm 100% with you about being like firearms. I always told my friends that I consider these things possibly more dangerous depending on the power of the Laser, my thoughts were if you Had an AR15 and unloaded a whole clip into oncoming traffic on the highway you might hit maybe one and probably wouldn't kill anyone, but if you fired a 5-7 watt laser with decent optics like 3 element lens into traffic at night, by the time the battery dies you will have hit dozens maybe more, probably blinding many and causing multiple crashes. I don't mean to make that sound dark and demented :eg: but it's definitely possible. Therefore making lasers just as if not more Dangerous than firearms. I always tell friends that when they tell me "lasers aren't that dangerous" believe it or not I got some friends that think that. :tsk: