Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

This is pretty weird.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
The world could very well be going that way already. AR/VR could be the start.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I work with VR directly and it is very effective at manipulating the brain in terms of generating experiences. So much so it can be used to treat ptsd. AR can be used to overlay imagery into the real world but can also be used to distract.

Last edited:

BobMc

I work with VR directly and it is very effective at manipulating the brain in terms of generating experiences. So much so it can be used to treat ptsd. AR can be used to overlay imagery into the real world but can also be used to distract.

Most technology can be used for good or bad. It’s what is done with it that matters.

Sounds like you have a interesting job. Enjoy :)

Hi BM,
That sure is strange the sound is definitely weird, and spooky. Its an attention getter no doubt buddy. Great find I say good reading to.

Rich:)

Not what your talking about but, they have for quite some time been using lasers bounced of a window and back to their receiver to detect micro vibrations in the glass caused by sound including speech, it's a spy trick that we have even seen in the movies.

Last edited:
Hi RED,
Very interesting I personally never knew that thanks for the update on this topic ..

They have done some really tricky stuff, you know about the ULF they used to talk to submarines ? Ultra low frequency.

Well in foreign embassies they have embedded pieces of metal, they are passive cavity resonators that needed no power or wires, they would hit them with a powerful radio beam that reflects back carrying with it the conversation in the room.

Waves are all around us, I can hear what you are thinking right now..........;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thing_(listening_device)

Last edited:
Hi RED,
Unbelievable the stuff you Come up with very educational I love this kind of info keep it up buddy

BobMc

Hi BM,
That sure is strange the sound is definitely weird, and spooky. Its an attention getter no doubt buddy. Great find I say good reading to.

Thanks Rich, I thought so too.

Please will somebody please buy the laser in Rich’s signature, it’s :wave: ing at me. :D

Hi BM,
We learn new things all our lives even though they been around for a while to funny. Never to old to learn, Oh and thanks for the word on my sig pic. its an awesome build sink, host, diode, drive , lens and time machining. And the Neon green Plug n Play is waiting for a 520 big or small .

ped

My 3W 445nm laser spoke to me the first time powering it up after construction...

The driver said "fzzzt...POP" as the regulator FET left the board and whizzed past my left ear in a cloud of celebratory magic smoke..it was at that moment I realised it was negative ground on the housing.

I'll give you two guesses which way round I put the battery in.

But you'll only need one.

Ped

These old WW II stories I have known about for many years now. It was fascinating stuff back in the 1950s. Of course the technology since then has increased by leaps and bounds.

Laser listening devices could be had 20 years ago from some mail order outfits. But, like RedCowboy stated, this has also been used in movies as a covert way of listening to conversations in any room with a window.

ped, that must have been a surprise to you when it happened. I'll bet it never happened again.

ped

I thought my farts were bad...but nothing compares to the smell of that burnt driver board.