Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The Trinity Laser Build (Picture Heavy!)

This is going to end up really nice. I have a TK45 and its a beast as is and expensive. Im sure theirs a knockoff version the question is where. Im not cracking open my TK45..............

Um...Not just yet at least...Anyone? PLease find a knock off

This is going to end up really nice. I have a TK45 and its a beast as is and expensive. Im sure theirs a knockoff version the question is where. Im not cracking open my TK45..............

Um...Not just yet at least...Anyone? PLease find a knock off

I was too scared to try to disassemble it myself because I was worried i'd break something so I had Ehgemus do it for me :whistle: BTW thanks a bunch Ehgemus! :beer: ...Also I have been trying to find a knockoff Tk-45 but have been unsuccessful :(

EDIT: Maybe Ehgemus could make a host like the Tk-45 on his lathe? I'm sure that would cut cost down and we could even get them anodized in colors!

Last edited:

jimdt7

Cant wait for the beamshots !
If it works i am probably going to make one also !

PM sent

You can contact me if you would like me to sell you the driver, host, and heatsinks because I will be keeping some on hand to sell :)

WOW
cant believe i didnt see this thread until now!
must be because i dont visit this section of the forums!
+rep for this awesome trinity build!

Johnyz

I don't think that the brightness difference between the laser colors is really improtant. Here's a photo I took yesterday during a snowfall.

(It was much more amazing in person :) )
Now, that's a 1W 445, 400mW 532 and a 500mW 637. Unless you want to combine the colors into a perfect white, you probably don't need exactly calclulated power, I think.

Last edited:
Ok i kinda was reading this thread and lost it on page 3 :p is this laser ever finished? If yes, where the hell are those videos and pics! 0.o

Greetings,,

Hiemal

I'm sort of curious why he chose a boost driver for the red diode... I thought those have less Vf than the li-ion, so why would he need to bump the voltage up?

Wouldn't a buck driver make more sense?

Johnyz

I just finished testing the driver and it works so... Let's revive this!

I'm sort of curious why he chose a boost driver for the red diode... I thought those have less Vf than the li-ion, so why would he need to bump the voltage up?

Wouldn't a buck driver make more sense?

At the time I designed it, my buck design was finished, so I used this, since LM3410 can work as a bad buck... Sort of. Adding one 1N400x in series to the red LD would be good.