Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The owner of priceangels is here : this is not for Spam, not for misleading your guys

If you want to buy a laser, What do you most concerned about?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Toke

I consider this problem minimal and find it perfectly fair that reviewers get something in return for their efforts.
Laserbee mentioned a one man operation above, one pretending to be the biggest domestic seller in china. The (in)ability to send out a review unit is one way to sort out the worst shaft.

I thought you said they were a dropshipper?:na:

Hi Rob,
Yes, they are drop shippers, but I also said this in my reply to Toke.
"Toke: I agree, they most likely in the case of this company would not be able to cherry pick, as they drop ship and have little control; but we don't know 100% for sure unless it's acquired anonymously by a regular online purchase."

That it's high unlikely that since they are a drop shiiper that they could cherry pick a laser, but it's not 100% impossible since we don't know the exact relationship that they have with their drop shipper as far as their source even being able to or have the capability to test units to pick out better ones for review. I would say the chances are small, but still there.

As for the reviewer deserving or getting something for their efforts, they do. They get a chance to see, use, test and have fun with a laser for period of time in exchange for posting a few photographs and their opinion of the laser. A fair deal, I think.
I used to be a moderator over on Laptop Reviews - Notebook Reviews and Netbook Computer News & Reviews and I enjoyed it when they got notebooks in for review and would send me one. I got to try out a new notebook from various manufacturers for 2-3 weeks in exchange for writing a review that consisted of photos, opinions of various features and functionality and some benchmark results for speed, battery life and such. It was fun just to have them for a time, write the reivew and mail the notebook back to them with the prepaid return postage label.

I agree to disagree with you on the subject, I just feel it's a complete conflict of interest to be paid in some way by the seller in exchange for writing a review of their product. In fact here in the states about 40-50 years ago there was this thing called "payola" that was just this same thing only within the music industry and federal laws were passed to keep it from happening again (at least in the music industry).

I just went on PriceAngles site to actually order a 200 mW green for review. Guess what --- The DX USA shipping alert statement comes up !!!!
Guess I won't review one myself......

HMike

I just went on PriceAngles site to actually order a 200 mW green for review. Guess what --- The DX USA shipping alert statement comes up !!!!

HMike

Hi Mike,
Does it even say DX on it or is it just a copy of the same alert saying they can't ship anything more than 5mw to the US?

It reads about the same if not THE same as the DX anti-shipping notice on DX!
Attention US customers etc..............
Crap -- I was going to do a review at MY expense.

HMike

You be the judge -- Just coppied from his site:
"United States Customers Only: due to new regulations enforced by the US FDA and PayPal, orders of >5mW lasers units shipped to the United States are no longer accepted. Orders that were previously accepted and unshipped will be cancelled and refunded to customers. This affects United States orders only."

Send it to me as parts and I'll assemble it for testing -- I think I can do that! Sure looks like a DX page to me.

Last edited:

HMike

"United States Customers Only: due to new regulations enforced by the US FDA and PayPal, orders of >5mW lasers units shipped to the United States are no longer accepted. Orders that were previously accepted and unshipped will be cancelled and refunded to customers. This affects United States orders only."
They are DX for sure, in their terms & conditions it mentions an email address to contact them at if you would like them to offer your products on their website and it's a DX email address.
It also mentions the return shipping they will pay, the 60% of product value that was mentioned by John, only applies to DOA items. If it's a defect such as underpowered would be, then they will only pay up to 35% of product cost for return shipping. I bet if you go to the DX website, they have this same policy statement.

Hi Rob,
Yes, they are drop shippers, but I also said this in my reply to Toke.
"Toke: I agree, they most likely in the case of this company would not be able to cherry pick, as they drop ship and have little control; but we don't know 100% for sure unless it's acquired anonymously by a regular online purchase."

That it's high unlikely that since they are a drop shiiper that they could cherry pick a laser, but it's not 100% impossible since we don't know the exact relationship that they have with their drop shipper as far as their source even being able to or have the capability to test units to pick out better ones for review. I would say the chances are small, but still there.

As for the reviewer deserving or getting something for their efforts, they do. They get a chance to see, use, test and have fun with a laser for period of time in exchange for posting a few photographs and their opinion of the laser. A fair deal, I think.
I used to be a moderator over on Laptop Reviews - Notebook Reviews and Netbook Computer News & Reviews and I enjoyed it when they got notebooks in for review and would send me one. I got to try out a new notebook from various manufacturers for 2-3 weeks in exchange for writing a review that consisted of photos, opinions of various features and functionality and some benchmark results for speed, battery life and such. It was fun just to have them for a time, write the reivew and mail the notebook back to them with the prepaid return postage label.

I agree to disagree with you on the subject, I just feel it's a complete conflict of interest to be paid in some way by the seller in exchange for writing a review of their product. In fact here in the states about 40-50 years ago there was this thing called "payola" that was just this same thing only within the music industry and federal laws were passed to keep it from happening again (at least in the music industry).

HMike

Hi Mike,
Does it even say DX on it or is it just a copy of the same alert saying they can't ship anything more than 5mw to the US?

HMike

Send it to me as parts and I'll assemble it for testing -- I think I can do that! Sure looks like a DX page to me.

They are DX for sure, in their terms & conditions it mentions an email address to contact them at if you would like them to offer your products on their website and it's a DX email address.
It also mentions the return shipping they will pay, the 60% of product value that was mentioned by John, only applies to DOA items. If it's a defect such as underpowered would be, then they will only pay up to 35% of product cost for return shipping. I bet if you go to the DX website, they have this same policy statement.

Thanks, thanks for all your posts, posts to support, posts to against, posts to criticize, posts to give advice, even some unfair posts are appreciated. Now I'm to tell the truth:

!. We are priceangels,reliable priceangles, just as reliable as Dealextreme. If you place an order in PA, you will get it with no doubt, just the same process as you order in DX.

2. we are priceangels, large priceangels. Of course not as larger as Dealextreme, that is because we are not competitors to each other. In PA, you can find many products such as carts for nintendo which you can find any more in DX. We have more than 7000 kinds of products in stock for sale.

3. We are priceangels, professional priceangels. We are professional in many fields, However, not so professional in laser, for it is not our working center or Profit center before. But it is our strategy to be professional in laser, so we are here now. Wish you guys can help.

4. We are considering the "cherry picking", We'd like to send some lasers to some memebers of LPF. The question of the small amount of money which the free lasers will cost is not and never will be a problem for us. After all, we are a multi-million dollars company, not so larger as I wish, but not so small as you thought.

5. Don't worry about the FDA warning, we have to put it at our website because FDA requires so. Not even a detained record exsts. That is why we are priceangels now, not dealextreme.
thanks a million for all your supporting or doubting, If anything forgotten, please tell me via reply or PM, thanks.

John

Last edited: