Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

The Monster(MGL-F-532 2.8W) Feat: diachi

Hi Hap,

Did you buy this "module" in ebay or from CNI directly?

And does anyone know if there exist Dichros Green-Green useful to combine 532 and 520nm?
Search in ebay did not give me any positive results.

:na: I have a 4 watt CNI 532nm DPSS :na:

I'm curious for the answer to that too.

Hi Hap,

Did you buy this "module" in ebay or from CNI directly?

And does anyone know if there exist Dichros Green-Green useful to combine 532 and 520nm?
Search in ebay did not give me any positive results.

Not that I'm aware of, that'd probably be a custom order. A PBS would do the job though.

I remember a couple of years ago this young lad said he wasn't into higher power lasers... what happened?

:na: I have a 4 watt CNI 532nm DPSS :na:

I'm curious for the answer to that too.

4 watt 532!!!!!

I looked but could not find a post on it ( quite a few to look through) any chance you could post a link to it? If you made one ? This I gotta check out . :drool: thanks :)

Last edited:
Hi Diachi,

PBS combining of green has already been done by Rick Trent and Minamoto - would not be New experiment. After succeeding in combining 2 NUBM08 with Blue-blue dichro you have recommended I would like to keep on doing something uncommon.
A green-green Dichro would allow to combine two DPSS + two LDs like I am doing now with 4 blue LDs.

Interesting that Live lasersystems had both Blue-blue (445+462) and Red-red (650+638) dichros (just checked their ebay shop - looks like they do not have them any more), but I have never Green-green one there.

PS: Some years ago there was a thread here about GB of 1.5W 532nm modules from Goldenstar which when arrived turned out to be ca. 2.5-3W. The price was 400-500usd only. Do they still sell any? I only see 2W ones for 627usd on there site.
Or is the quality not as good as CNI?

Last edited:
PS: Some years ago there was a thread here about GB of 1.5W 532nm modules from Goldenstar which when arrived turned out to be ca. 2.5-3W. The price was 400-500usd only. Do they still sell any? I only see 2W ones for 627usd on there site.
Or is the quality not as good as CNI?

Yes, both Jmillerdoc, and I bought one of these from Goldenstar, and you're correct, they both were way overspec at nearly 3W! :eek:
I recently looked at their site, and did not see the same model of the units we purchased. :yabbmad:
If anyone hasn't seen, or don't remember, here is an old review that I posted on one of those units, which are made by CNI.

Sorry for the hijack, Alex.

Last edited:

Back