Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The MagicSticks Custom Hosts - PICS & INFO

Re: MagicStick - The new 2012 custom host

It looks great like that, just felt like finally pointing it out since nobody else did. I'm fine either way, it's a beautiful host all the way around =]

sinner

TB: The batch is completed, i'm sending pm's to everybody, keep an eye on your inbox!

I've been a little out of touch on this thread & how everything has been progressing. This is very cool sinner!!! I will be actively standing by watching my inbox as well :beer:

I don't know if I should get the stainless survivallaser host or this one :(

Last edited:

sinner

Survival laser host is actually very cool, we have heard some promising reviews about it. It will also be easier for you to build into it as it is in a "kit" form,
However, MagicSticks are Custom Hosts.. They will need above average skills if you think you could go wrong with MagicSticks just buy the "kits"

MagicSticks now support the 17mm driver board and also come with Copper heatsink specially designed for Round Driver board. However the 9x12mm driver boards will have to be thermally epoxied to the main heatsink just as we do commonly..

Just a heads up, I got my PM about the hosts and you mentioned that the 18350's fit better than the 16340's - there is another advantage to the 18350's. They have a fairly good amount of extra mAh in the 18350's vs 16340's.

If you are looking for them, they are fairly available... Here is one source,

Super T Manufacturing, Innovative manufacturer of electronic cigarette products.

In fact, e-cigarette sites have a lot of the same batteries we use. Just FYI.

P.S. I know that I said this to you in PM, but I wanted to say it publicly too. Thanks for doing this, these are really nice hosts and you have put in a lot of work and it is really appreciated!

:thanks:

Last edited:

Stix62

Just a heads up, I got my PM about the hosts and you mentioned that the 18350's fit better than the 16340's - there is another advantage to the 18350's. They have a fairly good amount of extra mAh in the 18350's vs 16340's.

If you are looking for them, they are fairly available... Here is one source,

Super T Manufacturing, Innovative manufacturer of electronic cigarette products.

In fact, e-cigarette sites have a lot of the same batteries we use. Just FYI.

Yes, the 18350's are a much better fit for quite a few hosts which normally recommend 16340's - C6, Lazerer Rifle + Survivals stainless to name 3.

Sorry Sinner, I'm just going to go with the stainless kit. I apologize for this, but I just don't have the required skillset right now to do this. I hope your business is well.

sinner

It's not a problem, no need to apologize..

sinner

Hi All :wave: A little update:
I have recieved the hosts today (3 days late due to the weekend and monday being the busiest days of all for me) and will be working on them this weekend.. The clicky is yet to be tested for at least 6A of current at 12V.. If they work just fine it will be a great news but i am not keeping my hopes up due to Cssihh told me these clickies were previously been used in kryton hosts and there were some cases where they melted, I've found several switches but they are >$6 the most expensive being >$45 from DigiKey .. The Judco switches look promising but are oddly shaped and wont fit the tailcap.. So yet another thing to ponder..
As well as they are to be sent for polishing .. and in hopefully a couple of weeks time this will all be done..
The ETA is now less than a month! Thanks for all your Patience!!
There might not be a second run of these.. So all of you guys who participated will have a unique one :beer:

Hi All :wave: A little update:
I have recieved the hosts today (3 days late due to the weekend and monday being the busiest days of all for me) and will be working on them this weekend.. The clicky is yet to be tested for at least 6A of current at 12V.. If they work just fine it will be a great news but i am not keeping my hopes up due to Cssihh told me these clickies were previously been used in kryton hosts and there were some cases where they melted, I've found several switches but they are >$6 the most expensive being >$45 from DigiKey .. The Judco switches look promising but are oddly shaped and wont fit the tailcap.. So yet another thing to ponder..
As well as they are to be sent for polishing .. and in hopefully a couple of weeks time this will all be done..
The ETA is now less than a month! Thanks for all your Patience!!
There might not be a second run of these.. So all of you guys who participated will have a unique one :beer:

If you get a chance, can you point us towards some of the better clickies you found? I'm always looking for good clickies! (That sounds weird!)

sinner

https://illuminationsupply.com/mcclicky-switch-p-62.html
This one is the closest i could get to 6A 12V and also Cssihh suggested these.

Allright, there's been some problems with a few of the hosts , i sent them back and good thing that they've been re-did all on the same day,

A few design changes, for the better.. Lets see if you guys like the idea of an all-rounder driver cavity..

The 12mm diameter is ~38-40mm giving you to spare >25mm for the driver pcb and >15mm for the module itself..
Then there is a choice for a 17mm Driver board with a battery contact on other side (as shown in black line)..

There is a 6.5mm headroom (as shown in yellow) for the driver components..

You can also cram in another 16mm driver with a little filing arround the edges, provided that it fits inside the >6mmx16mm area..

33u9yz8.jpg

Thoughts, suggestions..
:thanks: for being a part of the project..

Obligatory Picture of the Batch after i spent half the day cleaning the shit out of them..

2ebv41c.jpg

Unfortunately i lost one tail-cap so one of you lucky members will get the host without a tailcap, however i will provide a low resistance copper wire with it.. :crackup: sorry had to joke...

Last edited:

they look GREAT man! i appreciate all the time and care you've put into this project. can't wait to light one up:beer:

AUS

Oh I'm a sucker for a nice host. Any extras?

sinner

Oh I'm a sucker for a nice host. Any extras?
Nop, All gone! Yet there are still 2 people that i might fill their orders first but unfortunately even the extra ones are taken.

they look GREAT man! i appreciate all the time and care you've put into this project. can't wait to light one up:beer:

These babies does look great for sure, To me Its a labor of love!
:thanks: for the kind words!

Awesome job sinner, the look absolutely beautiful man!:beer: