Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The MagicSticks Custom Hosts - PICS & INFO

jakeGT

Re: MagicStick - The new 2012 custom host

Yeah, if you bought 2 single aixiz modules at $4-5 a pop, two would pay off 1 diode press you could use forever :)

Plus direct press makes for MUCH better heatsinking

Last edited:

sinner

Dang, these look good put me down for two.
Allright, You're in!

Oh and it would be better like that because then there would be no need for the Aixiz. Then the money left over from no Aixiz would practically pay for the press, right?

EDIT: beat me to it :)

Yeah, if you bought 2 single aixiz modules at $4-5 a pop, two would pay off 1 diode press you could use forever :)

Plus direct press makes for MUCH better heatsinking

Guys i've already have gone through making the feasibility of the direct press heatsink, It will have to be made in three parts separately and it will limit the host to only accept 5.6mm diodes also there is the price issue,
And then you wouldnt be able to use any other sizes like 3.8mm or 9mm for that matter, Also a green dpss module will not be an option anymore..
So what i mean is, It is perfectly allright this way.. Heatsinking isnt an issue AT ALL , I stress tested my 550mA lpc build and it was holding good upto 12 minutes of duty cycle and it is stable.. Isnt it enough heatsinking? Then i decided to kill the diode by overheating it and at 18 minutes the heatsink become warm to the touch but not hot or untouchable , keeping in mind the laser diode and driver both are thermally adhered to the heatsink.. This means the heatsink is working very nicely and also dissipating the heat efficiently.
After this point the laser started to drop the output and i decided to spare its life, after a couple of minutes the heatsink was back to normal like 18minutes was nothing..

Furthermore, the battery tube is Aluminium aswell which extends the heatsink to the entire host upto the tailcap..

Aixiz module is $1 at mohgasm, it wont save you any money..

Allright, You're in!

Guys i've already have gone through making the feasibility of the direct press heatsink, It will have to be made in three parts separately and it will limit the host to only accept 5.6mm diodes also there is the price issue,
And then you wouldnt be able to use any other sizes like 3.8mm or 9mm for that matter, Also a green dpss module will not be an option anymore..
So what i mean is, It is perfectly allright this way.. Heatsinking isnt an issue AT ALL , I stress tested my 550mA lpc build and it was holding good upto 12 minutes of duty cycle and it is stable.. Isnt it enough heatsinking? Then i decided to kill the diode by overheating it and at 18 minutes the heatsink become warm to the touch but not hot or untouchable , keeping in mind the laser diode and driver both are thermally adhered to the heatsink.. This means the heatsink is working very nicely and also dissipating the heat efficiently.
After this point the laser started to drop the output and i decided to spare its life, after a couple of minutes the heatsink was back to normal like 18minutes was nothing..

Furthermore, the battery tube is Aluminium aswell which extends the heatsink to the entire host upto the tailcap..

Aixiz module is $1 at mohgasm, it wont save you any money..

Alright then. No DP for me! Forget about that PM I sent you...
Did you sign me up for 2 protected 18650's?

At a cost of about 2-3$ for an aixiz module it barely covers the extra work to the builder to machine a direct fit pocket plus the threading for your lens...But will increase heat transfer away from your precious diode.

After a 15 minute duty cycle, I don't care about making it longer. I will only be doing a couple minutes max and the Aixiz will be fine....

sinner

Yes i signed you up, I will soon be posting a list of people who are included in the first batch and will be sending pm's for the desired specifications i.e: Battery size , Colour , Polishing/Finishing , Powder Coating and Colour Anodizing..

Stix62

Yes i signed you up, I will soon be posting a list of people who are included in the first batch and will be sending pm's for the desired specifications i.e: Battery size , Colour , Polishing/Finishing , Powder Coating and Colour Anodizing..
I hope I'm on that list ;) (for 2)

Any ideas of a timeline on batch 1 (perhaps 2?)

Camin

Do you think it would be possible to machine these with a key switch?

Last edited:

I should allready be on the list from a few pages back but Ill just make sure and voice that i wanna sign up for one... Ill be awaiting pm

sinner

This is just the bare host i have not offered any options other than custom finishings and battery selection.. If u must have one with a keyswitch i'll have to do some research and find several keyswitches and test them one by one to see what fits and what doesnt..
So, its a half no !! and sourcing a nice switch isnt what i'm good at, You can ask Jayrob he has some kits with keyswitches.. If not then you can have it installed by some other member once you get the host..

sinner

I should allready be on the list from a few pages back but Ill just make sure and voice that i wanna sign up for one... Ill be awaiting pm
You're in! Gotcha! :beer:

Camin

This is just the bare host i have not offered any options other than custom finishings and battery selection.. If u must have one with a keyswitch i'll have to do some research and find several keyswitches and test them one by one to see what fits and what doesnt..
So, its a half no !! and sourcing a nice switch isnt what i'm good at, You can ask Jayrob he has some kits with keyswitches.. If not then you can have it installed by some other member once you get the host..

If its going to be that much of a hassle don't bother. It's not something I really need, was just wondering if its a possibility.