Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The LEDShoppe Thread

Benm

I got the 50 mW today, orderen jan 24, so its a bit over 2 weeks to holland... but chinese new year was in the middle, so i suppose its faster normally.

Initial impression is pretty good, lights up to what looks like close to spec, also with a beam that is 'fatter' that what i am used to from comparable pointers like the AAA powered DX30 and such. Looks like it is proper TEM00 though.

I'll measure power later, perhaps take a few pics and put it in the reviews.

Benm said:
I got the 50 mW today, orderen jan 24, so its a bit over 2 weeks to holland... but chinese new year was in the middle, so i suppose its faster normally...

Still waiting on mine that I ordered on 1/23 (U.S.) :(

Danjoo

I order several times, last order at 01.26 got it on 06.02, a very presentable shipping time i would say.
Orders to germany.

last time i order 3x 30mw.
I measure and one is with 48mw way overspec but the two others are way underspec with around only around 17mw.
For the measurement i hook all 3 up on adjustable powersupply at exactly 3 volt.

I sell them to friends, the better ones get the overspec. ::)
But people dont care, 17mw green pointer is much more laser then most of the people ever have seen, in a pointer.

daniel

Benm

As far as reselling them goes: If you do it to make a profit, you could set up a very decent business with these.

Just order a whole lot of them, and measure them for output, selling at appropriate prices. If you order 20 of the 30 mWs, you can get a distribution of, for example 5 pcs >10, 10pcs > 20, 3 pcs>30 and if lucky one >40 and one >50.

This is likely to make a profit selling to people that are interested in quality, in my opinion a guaranteed >20 is more valuable than a 'maybe 30'.

Binning like that has been done succesfully with the more expensive CNI pens, but could work for the cheapies as well.

Order was shipped on 3/2, Just arrived today.

I ordered two 50mW greens and two of the mxdl lipstick size lights.

For the price... its a good deal.

i can see the beam at night, but its not as bright as my WL 55, so i think its underspec (if my WL is even a 55) I also thought that the beam could have been tighter. Still a good deal for the 25$

i would order more

jwc

I figured out something very interesting about the LEDshoppe 50mW lasers; this is a possible explanation for why the beam diameter is so thick and the divergence isn't great.

I own a ridiculously overpowered 5mW NewWish laser purchased from DX (it's actually 55mW). When I compared the two lasers, I noticed that they made a roughly equally bright dot on a close surface, but at a distance, the LEDshoppe 50mW looks weaker and has a strange, off-center halo around it. Without tearing the thing apart, I compared the lenses of the two pointers. The DX pointer has a very large aperture at the end and the lens is in an adjustable brass housing. The LEDshoppe pointer, on the other hand, has a much smaller aperture (probably half the diameter) and the lens looks to be glued in place!pp

I suspect that the LEDshoppe pointer's lens is just glued in place to achieve a rough focus and the smallness of the aperture helps to keep the beam from diverging wildly.

This would account for why my DX pointer has a very thin, clean beam while the LEDshoppe pointer has a thick and much less visible beam.

;D ;D ;D
O.K. guys in today, my latest 2 LED Shoppe 50 mW pointers... drumroll please...

And on my meter the test results are...

53 mW for 1

94 mW for the second!   I hit the jackpot!   :D :D :D :D :D

Please note several comparisons rate my meter as ~ 9.1% above other readings!   StillDam these are good for about $20 ea.  ;D ;D ;D

BTW. Goggles a necessity for these! LOL! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

WRM

[quote author=scopeguy20 link=1226642076/48#54 date=1235016457] ;D ;D ;D

Glenn, how long did it take from order to delivery? I ordered one about a week ago. Bill

jwc

WRM said:
[quote author=scopeguy20 link=1226642076/48#54 date=1235016457] ;D ;D ;D

Glenn, how long did it take from order to delivery? I ordered one about a week ago. Bill

Mine took 2 to 3 weeks to get here.

I did this like 4 times with LED Shoppe, always about 2 weeks 'till I find it in the mail box!  -Glenn

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Just orderd   '5 ' 50 mw pen types will post results soon

#1---  peak 58    average   54
#2---  peak 59    average   55
#3---  peak 60    average   57  
#4--- peak 45 average 42
#5--- peak 50 average 45

the last two were a bit low

hopefully this company will be my new 50 mw connection

i got the package at post office note from ledshoppe today so my first partial shipment or two will be tested in the morning

i always split up orders in case someone decided to confiscate ::)

micallen said:
[quote author=Benm link=1226642076/48#48 date=1234289909]I got the 50 mW today, orderen jan 24, so its a bit over 2 weeks to holland... but chinese new year was in the middle, so i suppose its faster normally...

Still waiting on mine that I ordered on 1/23 (U.S.)   :([/quote]
I forgot to update.  I got mine around 2/23 (ordered 1/23).  Very bright compared to my 5 mw.  I have no testing equipment, but am very pleased for the price.  So are a lot of my co-workers.  I will soon be placing a larger order  ;)

Sadly, I had a bad (sort of) experience with Ledshoppe. I don't have a laser power meter, But my friend has a 30mw green laser and the beams at night, and dot on wall were almost completely identical. Dot through white paper were the same, and shined through coca cola, the orange type beam it creates, both lasers made it through the coke about an inch. So I assume I got around a 30mw instead of a 50. But for the price...Who cares, right? Better than buying a 5mw green at office depot for 80 bucks lmfao.