Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The Improved and the Greatly Improved Arctic Mod

I don't know how much more on the fly focusing could be after unscrewing the bezel/head piece, but I can't say I've seen or heard of anything external before for the Arctic like you're asking about :beer:

Mark64

I was thinking that no one has made one. I was looking for ideas but hoping that someone had done this already. I'm sure it could be done.

Well I'm with you on that, I've never heard of anyone making or using an external focusing ring for an arctic S3 before either.

Practically speaking, it doesn't make sense to do IMO because of the how the chasis of this laser is constructed and how the bezel completes the module. But that doesn't mean the 'disc' focus ring that comes with the arctic underneath the bezel couldn't be replicated and replaced with something that had an extended 'neck' that protruded through the minimized inner diameter of the stock bezel/headpiece after removing the plastic shield.

Your best bet would be to search some respected memebers here like Mohenberg, Flaminpyro, or Jayrob (to name a few) to see if your idea could be milled out and made possible. That's what this forum is all about :beer:

Last edited:
Hello I realized that this thread is really old but none of the pictures are available. I'd like to alter my Arctic spyder iii gen 2. Is it possible to get this information still?