Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The cops saw my laser beam!

I've had some people get hostile with me and my <7.5mw green and red lasers 9 years ago. One guy said the red one would ruin the paint job on his car. Another guy, (and neither did I shine it at them or their vehicle), said he had called the po that I was trying to blind his son who was sitting next to him. He was irate and all I did was shine it at a cinder block wall that was in front of our parked cars. Lasers can be a magnet for the less evolved of our species.
I take it one of these cretins called the po on you.
The key word is "public safety"
The idea of having a low mwattage laser pen on hand is brilliant.

I'll agree that their some cops are idiots and some aren't. I've had three run-ins with cops and I wouldn't even consider one of them a run-in. I was pulled over once because of the speed I was going. It wasn't over the limit but he said slow down. It was during the winter in the PNW so the road might have had a slick spot on it.

Another time was at a dyno meet with a bunch of Ford truck owners. I wan't real familiar with the area so I met one of the others at the hotel he was staying at so I could follow him to the location we were meeting at. I wasn't even 21 at the time and he asked if I wanted a beer.

The third time was a military cop. He said one of my headlights wasn't as bright as the other and the I should replace the bulb that is "bad." He then tried telling me that a lot of the vehicles have a second bulb that is smaller for daytime running lights and it was working while the other bulb was dead. I explained that my headlights have one bulb each and that if it is on, it obviously works. I told him that I have owned the vehicle over 7 years at that time and I know it only has one bulb. He must have had a thick skull because that message didn't get through to him. I think a higher percentage on military cops are idiots compaired to civilian cops.

rkcstr

Kind of reminds me of when I was in high school... I bought a 5mw 635nm pointer because it was supposed to be brighter than my 650nm.  Well, I took it to school and decided to screw with this kid that wasn't very bright and shined it on him across the cafeteria.  Well, I caught him right in the face and he threw his hands over his face and yelled and my friends and I started laughing.  I'm sure I didn't hurt him at all, but a lunch monitor came over and just stuck her hand out.  I was like "crap!" and just handed it over.  So, they told me I could have a parent call in to claim it, which I had my mom call and guess what?  They "couldn't find it"  :mad: That was $70 of my hard earned money that bought someone a new laser pointer.

Cops see me playing with my lasers all the time... I'm constantly outside in the evenings with my dogs chasing my lasers or star pointing or something, and I live on the corner of two relatively busy roads. I see cops all the time, they look over, see what I'm doing, and drive on. I just keep doing it and don't hide it... I act like what I'm doing is ok (because as far as I'm concerned, IT IS), and they leave me alone. You'd be suprised how far the right attitude goes when dealing with people.

Well. it kinda dependes of which country you are in... I can at least tell by your answer quadqam that you don't live in Australia! ;)

Things

In AU i don't think it matters if you are shining it onto the ground or in someones face, the cops are gonna get you anyway LOL .

diachi

Your lucky they never got confiscated, but im sure of you are responsible they wont take them off you.

Well, I dont LOOK very responsible, I look like a standard 15 year old and I suppose that says all ;) But I probably acted responsible, if I shouldn't have done that, they would definitley have confiscated it.

diachi

lol, hope i dont get cops coming to my door after i get my laser, im only 14, so that would look really bad ;D

Benm

quadcam said:
Cops see me playing with my lasers all the time... I'm constantly outside in the evenings with my dogs chasing my lasers ...

Teach the dog to bite whatever the spot is on... you could always shine a cop on the but if the gives you trouble ;p

Wow, there certainly are some young people on these forums :)

Whatever, as long as you're responsible ;) (And you have your parents permission ;D)

My parents are not really happy with it, but they let me do it because I am usually pretty responsible. But if they would ever see me pointing it to an aircraft, they would not let me use it for some time. I got hit with a beam refletion from my x-85 some time ago, and I told my parents that the vision in my right eye was a little worse than normal. Big mistake - they almost went nuts and said I should go to an eye doctor immediatley! They were also a little concerned about if I really should have more powerful lasers in the future... :'(

haha you failed there lazerguy, unless you actually needed to visit a doctor, in which case you can't really avoid it can ya.

Wow! I think you are the youngest person on this forum... i didn't know that kids was playing around here! :D Nah, just a joke! ;)