Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The 'CONEHEAD' - an LPC-826 Build

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
From one "cat" to another, thank you, glad you like it! :D
I've got a few more pics that I have taken, I'll add them to the rest as soon as I get them to photobucket.

Encap

Nice laser--looks great.

Beautiful host nobody would guess it was $37

Very clean work/bulid

+40 to you

Vision

Nice build. I'm definitely gonna copy this build and make one exactly like this.
I have no high power red. Only a 100mw pen.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Encap, Vision, and Seoul, thanks a bunch for your comments a +reps, much appreciated! :beer:

I've got a couple of extra photos here that I hadn't posted before, so here they are!

This a diamond cut glass decoration/paperweight.
jQ8zFu1.jpg

This is a 1" crackled uranium marble.
JrQRfFn.jpg

Last edited:
I've got the same uranium glass marble. It fluoresces very well with just a low power 405nm. I got it in the travelling box of laser stuff started by Jmillerdoc.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I got a few from "coconuts" when they first started selling them, and another batch when they were going out of business; they always had good stuff and reasonable prices.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Uranium glass is amazing. I managed to get some glowing just by the beam of a NUBM44.

Picture3.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure how I missed this, beautiful work! That's a hell of a good looking host for such a low cost laser, good job on your build :D Will +rep when I can!

Those marbles fluoresce yellow green when in the presence of UV. At least mine does. I suppose they might be able to add other elements to get other colors out.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
@EP, Thanks, I'm glad you found the thread, and yes, this is a very nice low cost host, and it's S.S. too!

@Minimoto, thank you for the comment, it means a lot from a quality builder like you! You're right, it's a very nice beam, and a beautiful color too!

@paul, yes, my marbles will normally flouresce in that yellow green color also. I think it's just being overpowered with the red, looks kind of cool though!

94Z28

Looks good I like these LPC-826 myself I've built a few.. bought a 10 or 20 pack from tech hood and only have a couple left. I eDC my hugsby because I really like the red and so does everyone who sees it.

Great work, looks great.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Thank you Z, after building this, I found that I really like this diode, and wavelength; It seems to be a pretty tough little diode and is cheap as dirt, which would make it a great diode for a first build.
The funny thing is, after all these years here, I've never used this diode till now, but I've since ordered a few more, this won't be my last LPC-826 build! ;)

Reactions: GSS