Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The 'CONEHEAD' - an LPC-826 Build

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I really didn't know much about SNL. Before my time. :p
Yet some of those names rings a bell.

Jhop

SNL is still on the air today, although it hasnt been good in a couple decades :p

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
We don't get SNL here in the UK. They tried in 2006 apparently.

Sometimes I see such beautiful hosts I don't feel a need to say a peep, but you might appreciate it.... so... GOOOD WORK! Very very nice.

Reactions: GSS

BobMc

Wow! For a 37.00 investment awesome! :gj: off the charts .

Really clear pictures also. Thanks for sharing :)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Jhop, Curtis, thanks for the +rep!
Alaskan, diachi, and BobMc glad you like it, thank you for your kind words.

I just added a link to that Kaidomain host in my 1st post under the "components" section, since there have been some positive comments on it.

Hi BT
Awesome builds as always good job on the sinksnto and focus ring. I like working with C360 brass cuts like butter and shines like gold

Rich:)

Very well presented post on a very beautiful build. Every question I had after looking at the photos was answered in the text. Great job.

This was absolutely pleasure to read. :)
Great and good looking host with nice diode choice. Smooth & clean build, well done!!
:gj:

BTW.. Where did you get the 17mm contact board or did it come with host?

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks Lifetime, I agree, brass is easy and fun to machine, and is downright beautiful when polished up, even a little bit used as an accent on a host really adds a touch of class! :yh:

@Paul, glad I could answer any questions; I usually end up telling a bit about how my builds came about, it seems to make them a little personal and unique.

@ArcticDude, thank you, I really appreciate your comments and +rep. Those nice contact boards were purchased from a former member and host builder "Mrcrouse".
I had originally bought only a couple of them, and found that they were so nice, I bought a some more.
I'm not sure where he got them, but I'd really like to find more of them!

I got a bunch of those contact boards from Mrcrouse, too. Got some more from Lazeerer. Both are no longer around.

They may have manufactured those at Oshpark..
Here's different size contact boards that I found, some of them are for tail switch and driver but can be used as a contact board too. These can be ordered from the linked pages. ;)

Probably going to make for my self my own contact PCB design, need to read design manual first..

14mm PCB
17mm PCB
17mm PCB
20mm PCB
22mm PCB
17mm PCB
20mm PCB
26mm PCB
24mm PCB
22mm PCB

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks AD, that 2nd 17mm design doesn't look too bad; I may have to try them out, although I've never ordered from Oshpark before.
If you do end up designing your own boards, be sure to let us know. :yh:

@Paul, I didn't know that Lazeerer also had them, maybe someone here has a large stash of these and will see this and decide to share! ;)

Thanks AD, that 2nd 17mm design doesn't look too bad; I may have to try them out, although I've never ordered from Oshpark before.
If you do end up designing your own boards, be sure to let us know. :yh:

@Paul, I didn't know that Lazeerer also had them, maybe someone here has a large stash of these and will see this and decide to share! ;)

I haven't either, just found them accidentally when I tried to find contact board like yours. :)