Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The blue burn thread

Pman

I thought of the MG because awhile back I cut up a few of those cheap $3 fire starting flints for some fun so I have a nice large prescription med bottle of it. I'll have to try it myself and see what happens.
It's not too hard to light a sparkler. Have some of those relighting birthday candles too that I haven't tried yet. Fuses for smoke bombs or whatever are really easy to light. I'll admit to smoking a few flying ants that got in the house with one of my Ebay 405nm but they were really stinky.

Has anyone tried lighting magnesium from one of those cheap fire starting flint kits?

Tried mg today PMan, shavings lit easily, may chunk it up like you did and try it later, kinda scary tho, mg cannot be extinguished ( i think) and throws sparks bigtime

I havent done magnesium buy even a M140 will ignite thermite. I couldnt believe it when I did it but it works and works well, much better than other methods!

I havent done magnesium buy even a M140 will ignite thermite. I couldnt believe it when I did it but it works and works well, much better than other methods!

Ive got powdered and shaves to ignite (mg) but cant get a chunck to light up, even tried drilling a hole in it and fill it w/mg powder.

Ive got powdered and shaves to ignite (mg) but cant get a chunck to light up, even tried drilling a hole in it and fill it w/mg powder.

Can you use the small shavings to light the cubes? Like kindling for a log set it up so the little bits fire the chunks.

Podo

Just burn some stuff with my spiker 5w 445nm today;)

I like the fire popping sounds so much, it's fascinating even though it pops quite frequently.:crackup:

Last edited: