Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The Arctic Spyder 3 designs

bex

People of the laser community I need your help. To everyone who has an Arctic laser, I need you to send me exact measurements of pretty much every single part of the Arctic. I might plan on making a full copper and aluminum version.I might also ask someone for a Smart Switch 2.0. Thank You!

I bet everyone on this forum that looks at this thread wants me to buy the laser.

i know its 9 inches by 1.5 inches

Last edited:

Wow, that is asking a lot.

Edit: but if you want to send me one, I'll tear it down and take some measurements. I'll even make an AutoCad drawing of it, if you want,

Last edited:

bex

um ... no.Thank you for responding though

Last edited:

jArdi

um ... no.Thank you for responding though

If your asking for measurements of every part of the arctic, and he's offering an AutoCAD, taking it is the best thing you can get. you can't get any better than that. if I where doing what your doing, no matter what it is, our how I'm making it, a 3D model is the first thing I would ever want. Especially before building it - it would let you make adjustments and modifications, and see what it would look like before anything else.
How else would you want the measurements?

IsaacT

If you are serious about this little project, pschlosser's offer is a damn good one! You might could find someone with a dead Arctic willing to sell the host for like 100-150 bucks. What you won't find(I don't think) is people willing to take apart their working Arctics to give you measurements.

People of the laser community I need your help. To everyone who has an Arctic laser, I need you to send me exact measurements of pretty much every single part of the Arctic. I might plan on making a full copper and aluminum version.I might also ask someone for a Smart Switch 2.0. Thank You!

I bet everyone on this forum that looks at this thread wants me to buy the laser.

You are in the wrong section of the Forum...
This is the Welcome section where New Members
introduce themselves....

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Encap

Asking someone to do all that work for you is just a little bit beyond rational thinking especially when a WL Arctic is mostly a low cost interference fit/ press fit together host and not designed to be taken apart. Don't you think??

Someone already thought of making an arctic host --upgraded with threads of course and it presented too many problems even with 100 people willing to buy at $100 per host ---have a look at this thread before you take silly waste of time to a new level or go any further.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/arctic-host-feeler-interested-read-59873.html

Last edited:

sinner

Wrong section but good luck.. all copper arctic host, damn right! :beer:

I would love an all copper arctic host, painted, with fan cooled TEC and soft start...