Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The 1W Blue Laser Competition

Hey Guys,
Im currently own both the Arctic III 1W and the DragonLasers Spartan 1W.

Both lasers are excellent,
The Dragon-Lasers 1W Spartan is slightly quicker and a full 107mW more powerful on average than the Spyder III.

Then I visited O-Like.com

This laser unfortunately arrived a couple weeks after my meter broke.

Any body got any stats or reviews on this product.
Own it and its inbetween the arctic and the spartan so the arctic.
For $209 Its EXCELLENT!
Waterproof as well.

Also to make the post relevant to the title im hosting a little competition between all 3 lasers, The tests are going to be tests that everyday users want, most people dont have a laser power meter and our broke a couple week before recieveing the 1W O-like. the tests are; Match burning [red&black] [1ft,3ft,10ft] and cd case hole punching [1f] also beam visibilty under my HD Camera and after a couple of reports all will be posted on LPF. thanks

Last edited:

@ The One Watt ---

I have three SKY LASER products ---- I will gladly discuss their quality on this forum with you.
I'll even make a trade ................
PS: Where's Betty?

HMike

The first of your lasers were tested by Dr Lava and me. They had many problems which we provided suggestions for improvement. We pushed these portables to distruction at OUR OWN COST for you. What do you have to say now? History can hurt...

Last edited:
@ The One Watt ...
Are you going to start the testing when your LPM is fixed?

If they have only one LPM, I provided the meter and DrLava provided the head and calibrated it. ONE METER?

HMike

Helios

@ The One Watt ---

I have three SKY LASER products ---- I will gladly discuss their quality on this forum with you.
I'll even make a trade ................
PS: Where's Betty?

HMike

The first of your lasers were tested by Dr Lava and me. They had many problems which we provided suggestions for improvement. We pushed these portables to distruction at OUR OWN COST for you. What do you have to say now? History can hurt...

HMike I don't think its the sky lasers you are referring to. Look at the link I posted earlier

Are you saying that there are 2 different SKY Laser sellers?
Damn -- I'm sorry if I mixed 2 Sellers with the same name.

Who is which? What is who? Who is Why? Company names are protected here. FORD, Microsoft, exon , etc etc... Are there 2 SKY's ?

HMike

Define for me please ----
Sky1: -------
Sky2: -------

Last edited:
HM are You a SASS member? AFAIK the Sky Lasers that One Watt works for is an Ebay company based in the UK. The other Sky Lasers is based in the U.S. and AFAIK makes & sells quality Lasers.

Helios

Are you saying that there are 2 different SKY Laser sellers?
Damn -- I'm sorry if I mixed 2 Sellers with the same name.

Who is which? What is who? Who is Why? Company names are protected here. FORD, Microsoft, exon , etc etc... Are there 2 SKY's ?

HMike

Define for me please ----
Sky1: -------
Sky2: -------

This company is a rip off of the more well known sky lasers. Copyright infringement may have just slipped past the authorities at this point.

This sky lasers sells DX quality lasers and lies about specs.

Check out there 500mW 473nm handheld

SKY® 500 mW High Power Blue Laser Pointer Pen 473nm - eBay (item 140498639179 end time Jan-11-11 13:14:48 PST)

500mW 473nm direct diode....:crackup:

This Laser is an Arctic from WL relabeled by Sky Lases........What a load of BS in the listing! IMHO

My 0.02 on this Laser

yes we have several laser power metes but they record <300mW.
We only had 1 <3000mW meter for testing the high powered lasers we buy.
We have now ordered a pack of 6 <3000mW meters so were set to go for a couple years =) lol

Bobby

This Laser is an Arctic from WL relabeled by Sky Lases........What a load of BS in the listing! IMHO

My 0.02 on this Laser
Is it possible that they got hold of the WL Arctic host-supplier and have put their own internals in it? After all, it takes 2xCR123 batteries, and is only claimed at .5W ...