Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Texas Laserist Meet. Postponed to Fall

Re: Texas laserist/flashlight meet. August 14th

We'll be outside. I'm sure you can ignite them from where we are too!!!

Too much light pollution in DFW
27523d1276872994-texas-laserist-flashlight-meet-august-14th-light_polution.jpg

Attachments

• light_polution.JPG
    light_polution.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 515

I'm moving to TX at the beginning of august I think... Arlington is far away and I don't have a car. We'll see. Someone alert senkat to this thread...

Bump for as this meeting is now just under 1 month away. Came across someone at a star party in fort worth that lives in dfw area that didnt know anything about it.

jib77

^^^ And now I do :) I plan on being there.

ME TOO-Kevin-- send out a group pm to the LSLF - I have been telling them it will not be until the fall--duh

I will do a search for cheap rooms near the park--I want to be there for more than a day--hak

jib77

Nothing much as far as hotels/motels around the park ... the nearest ones are on Cooper and I20, next to the mall.

(BTW if anyone is into Disc Golf Veterans has a great course)

Yes, sorry it has been moved to the fall. I was planning on letting this thread sit until a date was decided again. I'm not getting much from my co-host over at CPF, so I guess we can have just a laser meet instead. If you know a place now is a great time to speak up because 90$ for less than 10 people is a little steep. Also, Hak, there might be some cheap rooms that you find in arlington, but you might not like the neighborhood.

Yes, sorry it has been moved to the fall. I was planning on letting this thread sit until a date was decided again. I'm not getting much from my co-host over at CPF, so I guess we can have just a laser meet instead. If you know a place now is a great time to speak up because 90$ for less than 10 people is a little steep. Also, Hak, there might be some cheap rooms that you find in arlington, but you might not like the neighborhood.

So what/where is 'Arlington Park'--maquest give me nothing back on that(prolly cause I was searching for arlington park- dallas)--and just what IS going to happen on Aug 14th-just led flashlights and knives??

-this IS going on Aug13th

THE ROCKSTAR MAYHEM FESTIVAL featuring KORN, Rob Zombie & More
Superpages.com Center
Dallas, TX
Fri, Aug 13, 2010 02:15 PM

and I have a buddy that wants to take his camper up there for it on aug 12th and will attend the lasermeet w/ me on 14th just for fun-

there is a campground 25 mles from the all day, 2 stage, Heavy Metal concert.....

And what concert these days does NOT have lasers??

I see no reason there cannot be some kind of laser-meet both on the 14th and again in the fall(except that I may be kinda tired or 'hungover' from the Metal show)---lol

I can bring my laser stuff and some dead animals to eat to both dates:beer::yh::drool:-

-I wish I did not live 18hrs drive from the NC SELEM meet--that one really sounds like a good one to be at for sure...two days, dozen+ full color projectors to see and touch--safety seminar alone is a great deal.

I'm moving to TX at the beginning of august I think... Arlington is far away and I don't have a car. We'll see. Someone alert senkat to this thread...

SenKat is alerted ! What time/date is set so far ? I'll at least donate some goodies for raffles/ door prizes - hopefully I would be able to show up !!!

////Greg

No, I don't believe he has made a thread for it yet, so nothing is going on.
I guarantee the pavilion at Arlington is booked now, so we'll have to find a new place. I think we should have it that weekend though. Then you don't have to make another trip up here. Hurst is a nice place I'll look in to that.
Thanks senkat! That would be awesome!

So what/where is 'Arlington Park'--maquest give me nothing back on that(prolly cause I was searching for arlington park- dallas)--and just what IS going to happen on Aug 14th-just led flashlights and knives??

-this IS going on Aug13th

THE ROCKSTAR MAYHEM FESTIVAL featuring KORN, Rob Zombie & More
Superpages.com Center
Dallas, TX
Fri, Aug 13, 2010 02:15 PM

and I have a buddy that wants to take his camper up there for it on aug 12th and will attend the lasermeet w/ me on 14th just for fun-

there is a campground 25 mles from the all day, 2 stage, Heavy Metal concert.....

And what concert these days does NOT have lasers??

I see no reason there cannot be some kind of laser-meet both on the 14th and again in the fall(except that I may be kinda tired or 'hungover' from the Metal show)---lol

I can bring my laser stuff and some dead animals to eat to both dates:beer::yh::drool:-

-I wish I did not live 18hrs drive from the NC SELEM meet--that one really sounds like a good one to be at for sure...two days, dozen+ full color projectors to see and touch--safety seminar alone is a great deal.

ANY chance on having it a little bit further South ? :) That's a hellish drive for me (being handi-crapped and all) so IF it were possible to find a more Southerly venue, THAT would be AWESOME. If not - I still intend on donating some goodies, but if it were closer to moi, I could increase the possibility of my ugly mug showing up :)

Way out of my league--but I may make it to SELEM in N.C.-!!!!!!

--- anybody from South Central Tx planning on making that epic event?? SELEM videos on youtube are awesome!!!--15 plus full color projectors -two day event and a bargain safety seminar there on the following Monday----gonna get a T-shirt Too!!

Aug 21-22 4th annual in Newton.. be there or be square

hak

BAD NEWZ/GOOD NEWZ

I will not be going to Dallas(Arlington Park) on the 14th saving my $$ for......

(Good newz) SELEM in Newton N.C.(18hr drive) !!!!!Oh yeah!!-- 15 full color projectors-can't wait--got a ride (from Dallas) and a share in a suite at the Holifrickenday Inn !!!---

if you dont happen to know what SELEM is just check out the videos on youtube--state-of-the-art----laser show HEAVEN. :bowdown: I am :worthy: but going anyway. Hope to see some of you there.

vids and photo when I get back---hak

Last edited:

bhank

Veterans park August 14, count me in! Kevin, I'm short on cash right now but give me a bit and I can contribute to the pavilion fee, although it will probably only be a little, but every little bit helps right :)

Like I stated earlier, I would LOVE to go, but am not sure at this point, as my wife is going to have surgery on Aug. 2nd, and it all depends on her recovery at that point. Regardless, I need to know WHERE to send some goodies if I will not be able to attend { IF I can attend, I'll bring the goodies with me :) }. Please PM me, or email me with details - I'm looking forward to this, regardless. Perhaps a fat gift certificate would be welcomed instead of items I pick out ? I always round UP on gift certs, too - so exact amounts are not required. :)