Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Terry from TN here 46 yo

TerryC

Looking for for a kit to build a 5w at least laser. Any ideas?

Hi Terry,
Welcome to LPF here you will find many great members with a lot of knowledge . The search engine will provide many answers to your questions use it .
DTR website is the place to order all the components you will need to build. As for the host to apply the components you will need to purchase one . Many come prewired and all you do is to solder two wires together and insulate with heat shrink for the solder joints.
Dont for get to buy you safety glasses , you can get them at Survival lasers USA website
Be safe always
Read the stickies here on how to build a laser.
Rich:)

I don't know of any kits but you can put your own device together from parts, you will need laser safety glasses that attenuate the wavelength of light that you will be working with, if 5W+ you will be building a blue 445-455nm so these glasses>

You can get laser diodes/modules/drivers here>

You can send Lifetime17 a private message and tell him what kind of host you want, I suggest no less than 2 x 18650 battery cells.

Make sure to order the laser safety glasses and always practice laser safety, never shine a laser at a person of aircraft, I'm sure you know this but I am compelled to say it none the less, enjoy. :)

---edit---
LOL Rich we posted at the same time, you beat me by seconds.

Last edited:

Snecho

Why am I getting a sense of deja vu...

Maybe Terry got ripped off by Chinese sellers on ebay who call a 1w laser 5w or sell lasers that can't hold up ?

If would be nice if Terry would elaborate but going on my speculation.....

Get a NDB7A75 in 20mm module with driver included and G2 lens from DTR then put it in a host from Lifeime17, you will have a real 5W with better divergence than a nub44.......3.5A is a good setting for your driver, just put 3.5A in the box on DTR site when you order and tell lifetime17 how long you want to lase at one sitting so he can balance out your heat sink weight and battery need when making your host.

Don't forget the laser safety glasses. :cool: Seriously wear the glasses.;)

Last edited:
Hi Terry,
DTR has all the items you need as RedCowboy stated . And yes I can machine a host for you to assemble the build.
And if the build is used for eradication of saltwater pests , I have done many for customers.
Rich:)