Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

TERRIBLE(so far) with Yourlaser formally Lasersman formally DinoD

UPDATE-- was told my order got delayed over confusion- got tracking number today- so in ~10 days or so I will test and compare to see if all is the same.. my contact at Lasersman sez she never heard about Yourlaser til I told her.. maybe true, but both share the same fax number. for sure..

I really hope I will be doing an edit to this in the next few days but I am n holding my breath.

My latest email to all depts. of all three(that I know of so far) companies which are all the same crap china outfit....

"YOU (dinodirect/Yourlaser)have taken via debit card my money almost a month ago and no notice of shipping or tracking number. I have sent dozens of requests and gotten no reply. My order was for reke500rgb lasershow projector. order # 1174100000059 --I will wait ONE day to hear back before takng action against you."

Lasersman did take good care of my other order but I now feel like I was baited to buy more. It seems that a new store can be put up on the web in a day. But spotting this is not hard.. in the case of Lasersman(nee DinoD) thier 'new' store Yourlaser.com uses the same fax number.

BOYCOTT all three and post about these scammers everywhere..

BEWARE DINODIRECT AND ALL THIER BASTARD CHILDREN(Yourlaser/Laersman et al)

Last edited:

Wish I would have seen this post. I just ordered from that company yesterday. I hope my experience is better

update-- there was a lot of confusion for the Yourlaser.com folks. Translation issues had me asking several ways before they understood what I meant by asking them to remove from box-plug it in and observe the output visually.

Once that was clear they did give it a quick test and the REKE 500RGB did arrive 11 days later. However the green was WAY underpower at ~25mW instead of the 150mW is was said to have... so that will need to be replaced .... I have written Kathy at YL about this over a week ago ..so far no reply. IMO cheaper and much quicker to do this here rather than return the PJ to China. So at this point I am asking YL for a partial refund.. thhis would be cheaper and easier for YL too..

The projector buy has been the only purchase I made form YL- and I have heard some bad reviews about handhelds buys from them.

Hope your buy goes well... GL

hak

Would you guys suggest Focalprice or DinoDirect better (for batteries + charger)?

I ordered the 200 mw 405nm laser. I really hope it isn't as underspec as yours. I just received an email saying my order was processed. So hopefully I will get it soon. I have no way to test the output either. I just hope it burns

My experience with DD was that they seem to be all nice and fine up front BUT...
They don't try too hard to post the proper info on the products online,
They don't try too hard to keep you informed as to the progress of the order,
They WILL NOT reply to emails with questions in them,
They will RUSH your order through if your question involves an answer that might result in the cancelling of an order,
They will try every excuse under the sun (and a few from beyond) to delay providing info back to you unless circumstances in the point above exist,
They ship items that may only be close to the item ordered. (As the posted descriptions -see point 1- are not truly accurate they have a bit of leeway in selecting the items to actually send out.)

Having said that, I don't feel they do much worse than a lot of other outfits under the same business model.
I didn't expect a lot from them and they didn't do a lot. Cheap quick goods to try out and see if you like it. While being a bit more of a "disposable" product supplier they serve a purpose. And a few really good deals/items thrown in periodically to keep your interest.
When they start adding/changing names it suggests possible problems. Whether it be to keep sending products to countries that have the company on a banned importers listing or to be able to make it almost impossible to persue legally.
The question becomes, "Do you think it is worth the money/chance ?"

I got one of those L-86 RGB projectors from DD for about $260 I think, and it was incorrectly specified as having an ILDA port. After a few chats I was able to get them to give me a $90 gift card which I was able to apply towards a second RGV projector.

It was never my goal to try and get that gift card, but the point is that they DO have customer service, and they will try and make it right (well, better... as far as not paying for return shipping is concerned). You just need to make sure that you're firm on your commitment to get your money back or some better concessions than a $15 gift certificate (depending on what they screwed up).

DD isn't great, but at least they aren't a complete scam, and sadly, they're one of those companies that you wish would get their act together like DX as they've spent so much time trying to make a nice website, lots of marketing materials, and customer service stuff.

wise advice from Shorty and BB.
I have had fairly good service from Focalprice. and reasonable free shipping times.
IIRC Lighthound will ship to you I think they sell from Texas.

LarryDFW sells quality batts.

I have low priced 18650s.

@pyro.. there may be a member down your way that will meter it for free. (an olde LPF tradition)-- make a thread when you get it--show us some PICS!!

405 shows up only with fog/smoke 200 mW should burn fairly quick try black tape or balloon with black sharpie spot. One of the worst nms for the eyes. enjoy with care.. try on GITD stuff-- and day-glo items will jump. break open a yellow(or orange) highlighter and make a brew with water. a nice 405 is like a black light on crack, steroids and meth.

thank you hakzaw. So your saying the beam wont be visible? And I will post somepics when I get it. Black light on crack. Lol. I cant wait

Depends upon how dark the room is- and how long you let everyones eyes adjust to the darkness and the particulate in the air- also if you fire up a 250mW+ green all the 405 will be drowned out. Of the visible wavelengths 405 is on the low visible scale with 532 at the top. A full watt of 405 still has a weak looking beam. So the need to view form best angle and have plenty haze/mist/smoke/ steam etc in the air to see the purple beam well. I like to see it along with 650 reds but once you fire up 445 and/or 532 (or even 635 of red) the 650 red and purple )gets pretty much lost.

I was just emailed my tracking number. Everything seems to be going smoothyly so far. I emailed them trying to cancel my order and it seems like they fast tracked it out the door. Now im crossing my fingers for it to make it thru customs. I will post some Pictures when it arrives.

Yes WE did-- Miss Cherry read bold the type in the first post(op)
I (&my 7 friends have all gotten our REKE 500 rgb-(from LM & YL) many things can be improved but I do not think we are being unfair with our issues and most all are very happy overall.
When I say 'we' I mean that on this forum we have more than 20 who have owned this exact projector- we have gotten them used from other members, from DinoD, Lasersman,Yourlasers and directly from REKE. WE have repaired
our own made big improvemnts and mods.... and I think your sales team would learn much from the reviews here at the forum. We are not anti-China there are many companies who have excellant reps. here.

**********sorry off topic---

I have made edits to all my unhappy remarks everywhere they could be found when my order was found and shipped. I could tell that LPKath and her co-workers did run and do a quick test on these before shipping and they were good.

I see now that you are PMing me because of this thread rather than my unanswered emails.

I am currently waiting reply from email sent to LPKath in regards to another REKE 500rgb.... the item is waiting in my cart for a reply to questions about this order and issues with other orders.... nothing terribly bad but we would like a reply.

I have resent emails just now to service/sales at LM,YL and DD.. I could easier send a fax since all three share the same fax number.

LPKath was very helpful for a while but no reply to recent emails.

And Kathy at Yourlasers tried hard to help us get a good deal but my emails to her now ,so far are unanswered.

you may PM me or post here. good luck
and thanks

Len:yh:

Last edited:
This is typical Dino. Do good for a while, then screw everyone over.

I dont why you're deleted old negative comments. Its BS that you have to jump through hoops, and have them read threads to get what you ordered. This doesnt help the people off the forum, and its still questionable if its helping people on the forum either. Stop flip flopping Len and just bring down the axe, they deserve it. I've read all the threads about this and its all BS. No one here should be giving them their money. Screw Dino, Laserman, and whatever other company they come up with. They are obviously hiding their identity for a reason.