Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Techhood laser safety glasses, any good?

They say they are CE certified, but I don't know if that can be trusted.

I wouldn't risk it with high power IR. Laserglow has ANSI and CE certified goggles, but they do cost a bit more: https://www.laserglow.com/AGF#
They offer a discount for LPF members, use the coupon LPFGOGS for 20% off.

Thanks, the prices at LaserGlow leads me to wonder how Techhood can sell their goggles at such a low price.

Pi beat me to it. The eagle pair will work, though you could spend more and get a pair for, NoIR LaserShields. I know for sure DBD filter would work, dunno the rest that cover the IR range without looking.

Thanks, those glasses won't work for me because I need wear-over goggles so I can use my reading glasses under them. I'd like OD7 due to the 50W FAP 808nm lasers I have. In the past I wore OD5 when working with those lasers but would use my cell phone camera to look at the spot by always keeping the phone as a direct shield from it even then, this IR scares me. I might have to settle with OD6 808nm wear-overs, if I can even find them.

Last edited:
No real use for IR, just a hobby laser I am interested in, originally, I bought them to use with a 12 inch beam expander for a mountain top to mountaintop telecommunications experiment at a very slow speed. Now, I'd like to photograph the beam of a IR laser straight up into the night sky (no airplanes present), but only if the beam is tight enough or has a low enough divergence (beam expander probably necessary), otherwise I don't think it will be very impressive.

EDIT: Not the OD6 I wanted for 808nm, but all I could find for now, bought them:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Glendale-Go...ve-Eyewear-w-Case-109nm-11000nm-/151165013755

Last edited:

Back