Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tactical HID 24W Back in Stock!

Jason ---

I got my 24 Watt HID today. THIS one works like the first one should have worked! Comes up to power in 5-7 seconds and has a nice stable beam. Unlike the 35 Watt, this one lights up only half the neighborhood !!!!

Mike

Glad to hear you like the light Mike! It's definitly an improvement over the 24W 6000K older model we use to sell.

-Jason

Does the LED version use the P7-C or the P7-D? I've read that Seoul stopped selling the P7-D, and the P7-C is only rated at 800 lumens.

Expensive? Ours are the cheapest HID’s on the market that use something other than a bulky plastic case and a lead acid battery.

Precisely. Should miniaturization REALLY increase its value 700%? I'll take the wall-mount HID for $50 (or P7-based flashlight for $30 should I require portability) over something like that for $175 any day.

(note: it's not just yours, it's ANY HID flashlight on the market)

Cyparagon, mabye some people just want to be able to point their flashlight around?

Precisely. Should miniaturization REALLY increase its value 700%? I'll take the wall-mount HID for $50 (or P7-based flashlight for $30 should I require portability) over something like that for $175 any day.

(note: it's not just yours, it's ANY HID flashlight on the market)

Is your point in posting here to trash my thread?

Also... miniaturization increasing the price by 700%... I'm not quite getting your math.

$50x700% = $350... and our HID's start at $174 w/ free Shipping and that includes a 3x18650 lithium ion battery pack, case, car charger, and wall charger and shipping via priority mail. That is a VERY reasonable price for an HID flashlight. Find a better price on a similar price and I'd be happy to beat it.

Also, you can go buy a cheap P7 for about $35-40 shipped online. The heatsinking is very poor, driver efficiency is poor, build quality is poor, support will be poor, battery life will be poor (running off 1x18650 sold seperatly, and charger sold seperatly).

If your going to compare things, please lets stick to comparing apples to apples, and not apples to oranges.

Does the LED version use the P7-C or the P7-D? I've read that Seoul stopped selling the P7-D, and the P7-C is only rated at 800 lumens.

I'll be honest, I don't know what bin is used... It's either C or D. I've compared it to some Direct Driven P7 Maglites I've built that use D-bin P7's and I can't tell a difference in brightness between the two. The beam on the Tactical P7 looks much better due to the OP reflector though.

Cyparagon ---
I now have several HID lights. Interesting pieces of photonic emitters.....
Miniaturization can be misleading. These 35 and 24 Watt are a handfull of metal and electronics. The 35 is a monster like some others but in flashlight styling. Still not miniature in any sence. THe 24 watt is smaller but small enough not to be a wall hanger.
HID and LED both have their proponents and I have both. I will be using mine at the fireworks convention here in a couple weeks.

Mike

These 35 and 24 Watt are a handfull of metal and electronics.

You mean the ballast? The ballast for a $2 26W CFL must be of similar design.

Also... miniaturization increasing the price by 700%... I'm not quite getting your math.

$50x700% = $350... and our HID's start at $174

The $50 lowes installment is 50W, yours is 24W. Lowes charges $1 per watt, while you charge $7.25 per watt.

Is your point in posting here to trash my thread?

No, I apologize if I sound confrontational. I just thought you (being a representative) could tell us why HID flashlights are so much more than their Line-voltage fixture counterparts. I'm not attacking your product in particular.

You mean the ballast? The ballast for a $2 26W CFL must be of similar design.

The $50 lowes installment is 50W, yours is 24W. Lowes charges $1 per watt, while you charge $7.25 per watt.

No, I apologize if I sound confrontational. I just thought you (being a representative) could tell us why HID flashlights are so much more than their Line-voltage fixture counterparts. I'm not attacking your product in particular.

I'd appreciate it if we could put an end to the ridiculous comparisons. Yes, HID's are not cheap. But there is a reason for the cost. For one, creating the moulds costs $1000's. A lot of the cost of these are in the development. Design, drawings, moulds, electronics, testing etc. The electronics are very sophisticated. You have an igniter that starts up the HID bulb at something like 50,000v, and then once its fired up, the circuitry has to regulate it at like 85v or so. With that said, its not easy packing something like that into a small package.

Bumping this thread up to the top! :)

I will be using all my HID's at the Pyro convention here this week. These will be super after the shows to look for duds. I will turn night into day with my 35 and 24.

Mike