Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Surplus Shed $15 VIP membership (normally $50) ENDS JUNE 28

SALE ENDS Saturday, June 28 at 11:59PM Eastern time

Surplus Shed is having a VIP membership sale. Instead of $50/year, you can get the membership for $15/year..

• Free shipping twice monthly (contiguous USA only)
  • Ten percent discount on all purchases
  • Periodic exclusive specials
  • Expedited order processing
  • Advance notice of "New This Week" items with reservation privilege
  • First look at new products being developed such as our Wollensak FluxOptic
  • We'll listen to your product ideas and if you have a prototype for an optical product, we may be able to help get it into production.

Emphasis mine. I reordered their list in terms of what I think are more important.

At the normal price I wouldn't bother because I don't spend more than ~$500 a year at SS to make that 10% worthwhile. However, at $15 it means that if you order something more than 3x times per year it's worth getting this. The free shipping (2x per month) also means you can just buy one of their lenses or mirrors on a whim, without waiting to consolidate your order. You also get that 10% off which is nice; it also stacks with their sales.

Last edited:

IsaacT

Good eye on this! I may have to do this as I will be needing some optics soon.

just wait for a sale, isaac- i loaded up on a 55% off sale, got over a hundred misc optics. lenses and prisms of all different kinds, filters, mirrors. If you have an account, you will get an email when there is a sale.

I got this mostly for the free shipping twice each month. I usually will order at least three times a year during the sales @ $6/order in shipping. This $15 sale will pay for that.

The 10% discount isn't much though and I definitely wait for those sales. The 2x shipping per month will be nice for really small orders of a single lens or a multi-turn pot, or something like that too.

Wmacky

Speaking of shipping, How long do you guys wait to receive your order from them? I never Got a ship notice, and ordered 11 days ago? I had ordered some E packets from China afer my SS order, and got those days ago!

Last edited:
Speaking of shipping, How long do you guys wait to receive your order from them? I never Got a ship notice, and ordered 11 days ago? I had ordered some E packets from China afer my SS order, and got those days ago!

contact them. My order last month from them came the same week I ordered

Wmacky

contact them. My order last month from them came the same week I ordered

I just did.

They said they did sent notice, and shipped on the 24th. I'm sure I never got notice, and I usaully get stuff from PA withing 4 days. I guess I'll wait longer, but I hope they have tracking numbers if it doesn't show. Has anyone got tracking numbers on 1st class shipments from them?