Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sup?

Hey guys, Seamonkey here from the beautiful Commonwealth of Massachusetts, USA.

I've been reading up on various topics here for about a month now and I am very impressed by the wealth of information to be had here. I've just received my new, new-style dilda red laser from budgetgadgets.com this afternoon and I figured there's no time like the present to register an account here and say hello.

So, Hello!

Welcome to our fine establishment! :D
Surely the first thing you read was the laser safety guidelines :whistle:
Enjoy your stay here!

Welcome. Always good to have new members who have already searched a bit through whats available here. There is a lot of information to be had.
You likely have come across mention of how important good glasses are but its worth mentioning again.
Your eyes are worth the price of certified glasses, don't skimp there. :D
Be careful of the new 445nm diodes, they really are very dangerous.

HIMNL9

Welcome to LPF !

I don't say you to read, cause you've already done it :) ..... just remember, always safety first ;)

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys.

Regarding safety, I think a good 50% of what I've read here so far is safety related. I have read the safety guidelines in the famous Sam's Laser FAQ, if that's what you're referring to, HumanSymphony. If there are any other specific documents I should read, I'm open to and appreciative of any suggestions. I'm very interested in doing whatever it takes to keep myself and those around me functionally sighted and otherwise safe, so no need to worry here.

As far as the new 445nm diodes, I've frankly got mixed feelings on having that sort of thing in a handheld format because it's going to invite overly casual use and lax safety in some people. They're outrageously impressive and desirable, especially to someone like me who likes lasers, but I've seen enough videos and done enough reading to be more than a little afraid of them outside of a reasonably controlled environment.

Kevlar

Welcome to LPF!!! I'm in Palmer MA, the land of our Gov Lord Duval Patick!! LOL