Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Suicide Thread

You have no logical basis to even name people here... and who
are you to point fingers at this community....

You have no clue as to who ACTUALLY donates to theForum...

I know for a fact that there are many Members here that
Donate without posting the fact...

A donation is just that and is left up to the individual member...
it is not a paid entry ticket to the Forum...
We even have a Donations Officer... that happens to be very
ill at the moment...

BTW... did you ever read this....

http://laserpointerforums.com/f36/t...ect-not-woot-check-dude-40185.html#post521925

Jerry

I totally agree! I have donated in the past without posting to thread... Why do other members need to know how much or how often I donate money to the forum?

OP is a pot stirrer.. We hit 100% every month, sometimes more! If you have a problem with the fact that a donation is a gift and not a debt, then I think your missing the whole point of the community and donating.

We hit 100% every month, sometimes more!

We didn't the month he set it to $800 or whatever ridiculously high amount it was set to that particular month.

And the requested amount has been steadily creeping up since i've been here. It's at least double now what it was in the middle of 2010, and I know that ISP rates, and likely the time it takes to actually keep this site running on a hardware standpoint, haven't doubled in the last year.

I've donated before, but yeah. I don't think LPF is currently in any danger of going insolvent without my $10 and I have plenty of other bills that come first.

Last edited:
Pardon me, but to see whos donating and whos not i'm not looking at the Post's. There is a List where you exactly see what's going on in the World of Donations.
And you may excuse my not perfect english, but this is the best i can.

Here we go: http://laserpointerforums.com/misc.php?do=donlist

Last edited:
Pardon me, but to see whos donating and whos not i'm not looking at the Post's. There is a List where you exactly see what's going on in the World of Donations.

We are quite aware of the donations list...

There are members here that donate every month...
There are members like you that have donated 5 times since
you registered in Sept 28 2009...
There are members that donated just once...
There are members that have not yet donated....
There are members that donate behind the scenes that
are not on the list...

So what.... why is this such a big issue to you that you see
a need to open a thread and point an accusing finger....
Is it because you made a donation that you feel all members
MUST now donate...:thinking:

BTW... no-one mentioned anything about your English I
understand you just fine...:cool:

I know i'm touching a hot potato with that post. But after scrolling back 3 Years to see whos donating LPF there are a few things i have to say.
I was surprised to see how many very active Members ignore the fact such a Website is not made out of nothing. People are working to make it possible for us to join here. Ok, i take this as a fact. It just puts them to shame.
I dont wanna hear ... i am a poor person. Hey to play with Light is totally unneeded, in fact a sign of pure Luxury.
Most disappointing was to realize how many well known Sellers have "forgotten" to donate. They can use LPF absolutly free to make business. I do know this is not make them rich. Just try to keep balance. Even the Forum makers dont get rich.

Peace

My problem with this Thread is you pointing a finger to Shame members
that may not have the means to donate...

And YOU don't want to hear any excuses... who made you the new
LPF donations officer...

And what do you know about "well known Sellers" on this Forum that
the rest of us seem to have missed...
Since you don't want to state any names I assume I'm on your hit
list as well...:mad:

Clarification is needed...................

Jerry

Last edited:
We are quite aware of the donations list...

There are members here that donate every month...
There are members like you that have donated 5 times since
you registered in Sept 28 2009...
There are members that donated just once...
There are members that have not yet donated....
There are members that donate behind the scenes that
are not on the list...

So what.... why is this such a big issue to you that you see
a need to open a thread and point an accusing finger....
Is it because you made a donated that you feel all members
MUST now donate...:thinking:

BTW... no-one mentioned anything about your English I
understand you just fine...:cool:

Jerry

Reactions like yours where expected, thats why i named the Thread like this. I knew i'm not making friends with that.
The Reasons i started this Thread where two.

In future i will not buy Lasers from sellers using this Forum and not making Donations at all.

Funny to see how many very active members, some are smart-a...s, spraying their wisdom but forget to donate.

These are my personel thoughts. I just wanted to be a smartass for once.

Peace !

You do realize that donations made directly through paypal and not through the forum don't show up on that list, right?

Regardless, i'm not on the list even though i've paypal'd a donation before, but I didn't go through the forum to do it.

Doesn't really matter to me if you choose to boycot me due to a name not being on a list. I hate shipping internationally anyway.

Reactions like yours where expected, thats why i named the Thread like this. I knew i'm not making friends with that.
The Reasons i started this Thread where two.

In future i will not buy Lasers from sellers using this Forum and not making Donations at all.

Funny to see how many very active members, some are smart-a...s, spraying their wisdom but forget to donate.

These are my personel thoughts. I just wanted to be a smartass for once.

Peace !

Thanks for warning all those Sellers....:crackup::crackup:

Just goes to show that you have no clue.........:crackup:
and yes you are..........:gj:

Jerry

Last edited:

Something is wrong with the list, then.

On Jul 3, 2011 03:10:24 CDT, I sent a paypal payment to Avery (lastname) as a donation.

I got a PM sometime after that from him, thanking me for my donation.

I am not on the list.

I am not worried about it; probably a minor oversight.

You do realize that donations made directly through paypal and not through the forum don't show up on that list, right?

Regardless, i'm not on the list even though i've paypal'd a donation before, but I didn't go through the forum to do it.

Doesn't really matter to me if you choose to boycot me due to a name not being on a list. I hate shipping internationally anyway.

Opps sorry just noticed your post. Thanks for info, and sorry about my comment.

Last edited:
The list is only includes the members that paid though the
link beside the donations bar..

The list does not include direct payments made through
PayPal or payments sent to the Forum for advertising
space by LPF members....

Jerry

Last edited:
Ok, good you made that clear. Thanks

The fact you are paying for your advertising Banner is known from all of us i think.

Last edited:
Cool... I can see how much I donated here instead of using the PP history since joining ;)

Last edited:
I was surprised to see how many very active Members ignore the fact such a Website is not made out of nothing. People are working to make it possible for us to join here. Ok, i take this as a fact. It just puts them to shame.
I dont wanna hear ... i am a poor person. Hey to play with Light is totally unneeded, in fact a sign of pure Luxury.

Most disappointing was to realize how many well known Sellers have "forgotten" to donate. They can use LPF absolutly free to make business. I do know this is not make them rich.

Bandwidth & hosting does not have to be expensive.

At this site's advertisement income I can most likely put LPF up at a multihomed gigabit redundant solution.

I already run sites serving a constant 30-40 hits per second. So if there Is a problem with funding and colo for these types of projects, Let Me Know.

This goes for anyone whom may want to do an upstarting project too. I can provide a basic hosting as long as it's some type of community based project and not commercial. Well, commercial is possible too, but under different prerequisites. :)

who are we speaking of? just about all of the regular sellers donate monthly.

P.S. I'm going to kill myself so that people aren't disappointed by the misleading thread.

Then again, who donates because they REALLY want to help the forum. There is the possibility that they do so just to seem generous to the public :shhh:

I donate because I want to help the forum. I just got into this laser hobby... I checked out another laser forum and didn't like it (as much as this one).

If this forum went permanently offline, I would feel a little lost.

Then again, who donates because they REALLY want to help the forum. There is the possibility that they do so just to seem generous to the public :shhh:

You got it ! For the same reason EU donate Greece Billions. Just to look generous.