Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Suicide Thread

I know i'm touching a hot potato with that post. But after scrolling back 3 Years to see whos donating LPF there are a few things i have to say. :can:
I was surprised to see how many very active Members ignore the fact such a Website is not made out of nothing. People are working to make it possible for us to join here. Ok, i take this as a fact. It just puts them to shame.
I dont wanna hear ... i am a poor person. Hey to play with Light is totally unneeded, in fact a sign of pure Luxury.
Most disappointing was to realize how many well known Sellers have "forgotten" to donate. They can use LPF absolutly free to make business. I do know this is not make them rich. Just try to keep balance. Even the Forum makers dont get rich.

Peace :)

Last edited:

Wow, this thread is WAAAAAAY different than I thought it was going to be lmfao. Talk about a misleading title haha.

who are we speaking of? just about all of the regular sellers donate monthly.

P.S. I'm going to kill myself so that people aren't disappointed by the misleading thread.

Last edited:
I will donate when the ridiculous amount of ads disappear.

I guess it's not enough to have just one adchoices frame, we must have three. Same with the google adwords, one isn't enough I guess...

Also, I'm glad I don't have epilepsy. I'd probably have seizures just thinking about the obnoxious banners. I can't load LPF at all on some computers at work, and they're not even that old.

All of the other forums I frequent have nowhere near as many ads and somehow they stay open. Most of those forums are bigger than LPF by a few times as well, not all of them are though.

If you think the forum is in need of money you are wrong. There's a reason "Laser Pointer Forums" is a LLC. It's because it makes money and taxes have to be paid.

I "donate" by helping where I can. Without experienced members there would be nothing worth coming to this forum for. Look at Wicked laser's old forum, it is nothing but "Can my laser burn this" or "my laser doesn't burn, HELP!" posts.

If you hadn't noticed, this forum is starting to become overrun with posts like that.:can:

Talk about a misleading title... How is this related to suicide exactly?

Post #5 - did leave me a little depressed though.

I agree about the ads.. So I recommend adblock plus for firefox to help with that.

I can see where you wanted to title teh thread "suicide" because you thought other members and vets may consider your point of veiw about donations as a personal attack, but there are better words then that that you could have used.

I would agree with Qume about ad blocker however I can imagine some companies expressly frown upon installing un authorized programs even if it is a credible one like firefox.

P.S. I'm going to kill myself so that people aren't disappointed by the misleading thread.

That's our Mohrenberg, always willing to take one for the team! :D

I just ignore the ads, they don't bother me.

If the ads TALKED, THEN it would bother me.

what is the donation rate? I like to donate when im in a good mood. I used to donate all the the time! i see people get smacked by others. ive even noticed that people from certain parts of the world group as they are a mafia not by race but by location. USA is my mobb. I was jumped by canadians on one of my treads, nothing against canada. I have met alot of cool canadians here, but i though canada and usa were real tite. Research all the negativity here in our forum search box. You will see who gets clowned on. I dont fuck with anything on the internet" Its funkin evil " im not a a believer in religion but this unbeliveable site has made me think.....im still thinking.....i dont know....and that is what makes the LASER FORUM, my favorite hobbie,and past time circuitry sport, TOTALY F**KING kNaRlY.....TODAY I WILL DONATE 10 DOLLARS, ITS BEEN A WhILE since ive been here and im in a great mood. THANKS FOR WHOM IS RESPONSABLE FOR THIS SITE...david lee

I dont like to name People here. :beer:

You are defenetly not one of them i was talking about. You donate very often.

PS: thank you for taking that part for me. :evil:

Last edited:
I dont like to name People here. :beer:

You are defenetly not one of them i was talking about. You donate very often.

PS: thank you for taking that part for me. :evil:

You have no logical basis to even name people here... and who
are you to point fingers at this community....

You have no clue as to who ACTUALLY donates to theForum...

I know for a fact that there are many Members here that
Donate without posting the fact...

A donation is just that and is left up to the individual member...
it is not a paid entry ticket to the Forum...
We even have a Donations Officer... that happens to be very
ill at the moment...

BTW... did you ever read this....

http://laserpointerforums.com/f36/t...ect-not-woot-check-dude-40185.html#post521925

Jerry

Last edited:
what about when people from the forum ask you to donate,"which i have quite offten", and on there post thread you click it takes you to paypal, so the money i donated useing this method was i being gipted?. I was a newbee but i have all of my paypal transactions. I would like 2 know if i gave these users money so they could donate? if so i want the money to be given to the forum, not from them but from my self, i have the times dates and who i was asked by and who i credited moneys thru paypal. thanks...dave

Lol. This place most surely makes a pretty damn good profit... It isn't free to run it, no. But its more than paid for plus money for time. Avery does his job, not the hobby persay.

-D

Last edited:
what about when people from the forum ask you to donate,"which i have quite offten", and on there post thread you click it takes you to paypal, so the money i donated useing this method was i being gipted?. I was a newbee but i have all of my paypal transactions. I would like 2 know if i gave these users money so they could donate? if so i want the money to be given to the forum, not from them but from my self, i have the times dates and who i was asked by and who i credited moneys thru paypal. thanks...dave

Check you PayPal transactions...
It is clearly stated on those transactions to whom you
sent the payment..

If you sent a payment elsewhere than the LPF donations
PayPal addy then it would be a good bet it was NOT an LPF
donation.

Jerry