Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Stonetek Glass Collimating Lens

carefull i believe the reflect back into the die possibly killing your 405 diode

I found folks inscrutable. They will spend lots of money sometimes hundreds of $ on a laser just to burn stuff yet they'll purchase the wrong optical lens because the best lens for the job costs to much.

LarryDFW has lenses for sale that are AR coated for 405nm. They provide a visible boost in power. He also has them available with a fully machined brass assembly for tight threads.

Thanks MW, I didn't know it was the wrong kind though. It doesn't say what type its for, red or blue though. I doubt I've hurt it, my diode, I'd say it has maybe ten minutes total runtime. Even so I've got another sled coming, I won't be to upset of it blows. :)

Those lenses, Jay and Larry's respectively, give good proven results, fact. It's just a lot to drop on a lens. I'd rather just get a GGW or SF sled and jack the power up that way ;) Maybe Greg should put a note on it, unless I missed it but don't think so, so non one's blu-ray lazer gets teh AIDS and dies :(

Last edited:
I have run my blu-ray in one of those aixis glass lenses for an extended period of time and nothing happened to my diode. That was before I knew anything about AR coatings. Still not optimal though. The higher you go up in power with the diode the more power your losing in your lens if its not AR coated or it acrylic. You may want to upgrade your lens, then when you do decide to upgrade your diode, you can just use that lens.

Archienj7;

I sell the Hi-Power aspherical lenses...

but you can use the lens you bought, for Red or Blu-Ray.

It is actually a decent lens for Red lasers.

It just won't deliver as much power as an aspherical lens.

Don't worry about it hurting your diode.

LarryDFW

Last edited:
I know about your magic ;) j/k I have studied both versions, yours and Jay's, and I like the no spring part too. So my 125mA's would go up by about 30 % just by using it? I don't have a LPM, what about would that be?

I like this lens, it is good to hear it wont kill my laser but I do want it to "max out" as much as possible. I will be getting a better onr at some point since it is a long term investment and I can use it on any (red or blue). Thanks for the info Larry and Mister W. :beer: