Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Still thinking on getting a 520nm......

GSS

A lot of my early lasers were bought from... low-quality websites. Some bad luck also factored in there.
Ok that sums it up lol. Yup you do have some DIY fix it projects. I would like to see you at some point try to fix these. It would be good for all on the forum:) Go for it.

Hi Monkey get a 520nm build you won't be sorry , i have around six with the 520nm diodes and there awesome beams very very bright and beautifull ..

Rich:)

Hi Rich,

I just bought a 523nm not a very long time ago but I am sure I will get a 520nm if I have spare money. This color look very attractive. :beer:

my sanwu pocket greenie was on my keys for a month or more and took a beating, still only put two batteries through it. Really rich green too

Last edited:
i took it off my keychain a while back....:undecided:
decided its impractical

Last edited:

Razako

my sanwu pocket greenie was on my keys for a month or more and took a beating, still only put two batteries through it. Really rich green too
These direct diode greens should be pretty durable. Even if you drop them nothing should break unless a wire comes lose or something.

These direct diode greens should be pretty durable. Even if you drop them nothing should break unless a wire comes lose or something.
was one of the things that sold me on it, podo mentions this in the sales thread:beer:
mine was nice and shiny when i got it, its nice and scratched up now.
i never have gotten around to making a real review for it, I've been rather dead lately.
none the less i love it

Pman

J4, blowing a couple units isn't that big a deal and I've got lots of diodes to prove it. It stinks but everyone does it. Remember we are generally pushing these tiny things and asking a lot from them.

Same deal here man. I want a 520, 635, and 462. Honestly I have no intention on 473 mostly because they're relatively low powered, and I'm still an output junkie.

Vision

Same deal here man. I want a 520, 635, and 462. Honestly I have no intention on 473 mostly because they're relatively low powered, and I'm still an output junkie.

Same here lol. I just got the 520nm module from DTR. I was gonna get that NUBM44 too but kinda holding off till we get to see the NUBM08E.

I've thought about it. It is unlikely at this point that Thejoker301 would replace it, but I may buy or build a new one at some point.

what color is the dead Arcane host? Also how was the duty on it? I ask because I have that same 520 diode but am looking for a host to put it in in case you would sell it.

Sta

what color is the dead Arcane host? Also how was the duty on it? I ask because I have that same 520 diode but am looking for a host to put it in in case you would sell it.

It was black, but the paint is badly chipped. You would have to repaint it yourself, or remove the paint by polishing it. Duty cycle was extremely good as it has a huge heatsink. I would certainly be willing to sell it to you, let's take this to PM. I can include the driver and module as well if you like, though you'd have to replace the dead diode.

Same here lol. I just got the 520nm module from DTR. I was gonna get that NUBM44 too but kinda holding off till we get to see the NUBM08E.

Yup makes sense, love to see that. I'm so afraid of purchasing something from DTR because I still have yet to build my own, I'm afraid if I mess one thing up that's over 100 bucks wasted and I'd feel stupid lol. But I guess you'll never learn if you don't try. Yeah I just found out about the NubM08E 3 days ago, MONSTER!!! :D

Interesting what people say about 532 vs 520. People say 520 is a more "pure" green. Does "pure" mean more comfortable and agreeable to view? IMO, pure green means lime-green. 520 in photos looks a touch more blue-ish and a cooler, more natural looking green. I think that's why people say "pure"?

Photos seem to make them look more different than in real life viewing. Side by side I can tell a difference. But a 520 by itself is somewhat hard to tell. In real life viewing I see 520 as more of a silver/white "diluted" type of green, not a blue-ish green. It's looks like a 532 that's less "rich" in green color. I don't mean that negatively, just hard to describe.

I've heard 532 described as bitter, acidic, electric, lime, etc. 520 is just more comfortable of a color IMO. I've also grown to dislike the power inefficiency & temp sensitivity of 532, and the brightness changes. Meh!!! ^_^

I'm thinking of a high power 520 myself. With a 3-element lens, how's the divergence and quality of the NDG700 700mW? Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
A lot of my early lasers were bought from... low-quality websites. Some bad luck also factored in there.

Oh I know the feeling-

2 summers ago when I first got into lasers I paid $80 for a ~15mW 532 Wicked Nano. Then I decided to "step it up" to a 100mW 532 from Lazerer for only $60. Aah, "Lazerer" that name rings all sorts of sweet & sour bells. I also dropped $80 on a barely-100mW 445. Mmmm. Ignorance can be expensive bliss in the beginning. :crackup: