Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Stephen, 33, Male, Toronto/San Francisco

sradmard

Hey guys, I'm new. Wanted to say hello, so hello đź‘‹

I am new to lasers, but am an engineer, I have an ok grasp on manufacturing, but also on fundamental physics. I'm happy to help where I can, this area is by no means my field, and I am here more so to get help at this point in time than to give help (eta 2025 AD).

Oh and I live between Toronto and San Francisco and I like beer. The thought of a freshly poured pint in these coronatimes...

Welcome to the LPF, Stephen. There is a lot of room between Toronto and SF. You could say I live there too. I am in Washington State. Not much of a beer drinker any more, but in the 1990s I brewed m own beers.

sradmard

Welcome to the LPF, Stephen. There is a lot of room between Toronto and SF. You could say I live there too. I am in Washington State. Not much of a beer drinker any more, but in the 1990s I brewed m own beers.
Nice! What got you into lasers? Also, how come you have so many HeNes? I'm more trying to learn than being nosy, but feel free to tell me to... limit my questions :)

Snecho

Welcome, glad to have you.

Definitely tons and tons of stuff one can learn here.

Nice! What got you into lasers? Also, how come you have so many HeNes? I'm more trying to learn than being nosy, but feel free to tell me to... limit my questions :)

When I graduated college in the 1970s I got into holography. Back then your best bet of getting a long coherence length laser needed for holograms was HeNe lasers. I also have a single line 488nm argon laser. I made holograms throughout the 1980s, but haven't much lately. There are members here that are still making them and I have tried to pass along my experience with them to others here.

Due to my years of drinking Corona I am immune.. but that is because of the customary wedge of lime---not the beer..

I got to visit a few days in Toronto amazing place...
It is the home ,btw, of well known laser makers Joe and Luck now known as 'Tuned Cavity'-- check out their vids on Tube.
They were once members here in good standing but a few ass-hats ruined that--big loss to us at LPF and NOT for any good reasons... someone always needs to butt in when they should keep their pie-holes closed.

I have asked them to come back but---

I think you live in two places-- not somewhere in between..right?

Snecho

Due to my years of drinking Corona I am immune.. but that is because of the customary wedge of lime---not the beer..

I got to visit a few days in Toronto amazing place...
It is the home ,btw, of well known laser makers Joe and Luck now known as 'Tuned Cavity'-- check out their vids on Tube.
They were once members here in good standing but a few ass-hats ruined that--big loss to us at LPF and NOT for any good reasons... someone always needs to butt in when they should keep their pie-holes closed.

I have asked them to come back but---

I think you live in two places-- not somewhere in between..right?
Hey Hak, I think I know TunedCavityLasers on YouTube. I was just curious if you knew the full member names of the mentioned "Joe" and "now known as Tuned Cavity 'Luck'"?