Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Star Wars Rogue One

Rachel

I have seen it; Its a good movie, but its not starwars good. Its mostly just shooting all the way through it, like all the way through.
There's no light sabers or force or any epic battles. Just shooting and space ship shooting.
But is a good watch

I have seen it; Its a good movie, but its not starwars good. Its mostly just shooting all the way through it, like all the way through.
There's no light sabers or force or any epic battles. Just shooting and space ship shooting.
But is a good watch

You missed the Darth vader scene? :na:
Did you ever see a new hope /Ep4? I'm assuming you understand the purpose of the movie to explain the construction the
Death Star, the Stolen Death Star plans (why an obvious weakness existed in the first place) and the early formation of the Rebel Alliance?
All of this was beautifully played out in the movie. It couldn't have been better. Perhaps a fight between Vader and some remaining Jedi could have been even better.

This is technically not a Star Wars movie but a Star Wars story. :undecided:

StarWars movies usually have a large degree of shooting in them. :angel:

:na:

Last edited:

Rachel

Ha yes it was only 30s long tho !:'( was epic too. And of course I understand it. But yea ure right. It's a star wars story

AngelG

I started watching Star Trek. I went from hating it to finding it amazing. I blame Star Trek 4.
Watching Star trek, what do you think about StarGate (or you haven't heard about it) ?
I don't know for 4, but from what I have watched, Star trek often looks somewhat artificial...

I saw Rogue One last night and loved it. My dad thought the characters didn't stand out much except the robot but I thought it was great. And the fighting scenes with the starships were lit! Pun intended! And I liked how they brought back Darth Vader and him deflecting the blasters. They also somehow overlayed the old guys face of Grand Moff Tarkin. They also did this with Princess Leia. Princes Leia looked a little fake but Grand Moff Tarkin was great! And the scene were the robot tossed the grenade over his shoulder! That was good too. I didn't realize until about 45 minutes in that this episode was placed before the first released episode or episode 4.

Last edited:
I saw Rogue One last night and loved it. My dad thought the characters didn't stand out much except the robot but I thought it was great. And the fighting scenes with the starships were lit! Pun intended! And I liked how they brought back Darth Vader and him deflecting the blasters. They also somehow overlayed the old guys face of Grand Moff Tarkin. They also did this with Princess Leia. Princes Leia looked a little fake but Grand Moff Tarkin was great! And the scene were the robot tossed the grenade over his shoulder! That was good too. I didn't realize until about 45 minutes in that this episode was placed before the first released episode or episode 4.

Grand Moff Tarkin wasn't a simple overlay, it was an entire recreation in CG as Peter Cushing died in August of 1994 long before 3D scanners were invented. The 3D image was taken from old pictures of Cushing back before the first StarWars was shot (going back about 5-10 or so years). It was a really complex animation to pull off properly. Aim was to try to get a slightly younger version of Cushing while being believable.
Also noticed 2 X-wing pilots that were recreated too with the same technique.

The scene with Vader was WOW... yeh... That's the vader I've always wanted to see. To me at least Vader was never a "bad guy" in the original movies, he was just mislead.
The real evil to me was always Palpatine/ Darth Sidious.
This movie shows him as someone to be feared and a force to be reckoned with which is an interesting shift. :beer: