Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Spyder III Arctic by Wicked Lasers

I see 4 possibilities based on the OP's description. #2 and #4 being the most likely.

(1) The lens is turned around backwards.

(2) The lens is not turning and he is only unscrewing the thumbwheel/end cap.

(3) He was aiming at buildings and flashed himself in the face and cant really see what the heck he is doing anyway.

(4) We are entertaining a troll.

Hmmm. Maybe it is his imagination...a new youtube hologram :)

BobMc

Funny stuff, Richie!
You'll have to tell her .....no, they're not racist at all, it's just the opposite, they're simply more attracted to black people! :crackup:

I agree with Richie Bowtie. That's pretty quick of wit. Thanks for the chuckles. :crackup: :)

XM360

I don’t know whether it’s been mentioned yet or not, but another possibility is that you may actually be using the normal 100% lens? I’m not meaning to say that you don’t what you are doing or anything like that! I had a few arctics a while back, and I know they were bright as hell with the 100% lens, but didn’t do much serious burning until I used the focus lens (has a small x logo on it). And when I did use the focus lens, I didn’t really unscrew it in and out. I just used a piece of wood in front of it to find the focal point where the dot was smallest, which was usually around 6 inches in front of the laser. Figured it was worth a mention, just in case!

So on youtube you can find dozens of videos who bought this 3.5w laser, lighting matches almost instantly, burning through cd cases eventually, popping balloons from meters away and burning through electrical tape in seconds.

I got one myself and while it definitely is bright as fuck and I can shine it on buildings half a mile away on my balcony, it doesn't burn for shit. It literally can't set toilet paper on fire. Anyone know what the deal with that is? I know about finding the 'infinity point', but when I turn my focusing lens it stays exactly the same size until it comes off.
Hmmm Just saw this...
How Bright is a F#$k in optical terms :thinking:
If your using S*&t to burn... It won't work..

It would be appreciated if you would introduce
yourself to the members in the Welcome section
so that members can learn a little more about you.

Jerry