Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Spider Arctic conversion to 635nm (@550mW)

JLM

Wicked Lasers Arctic - Conversion to 635nm RED Laser @ 550mW +

I'm not sure if anyone else has done this yet, and I'm not sure what I'll do with the resulting build (doesn't really fit in my collection - this is a BIG laser!) but I figured it was worth a go. Someone gave me an Arctic, and I wasn't sure what I would do with it since it was only putting out 110mW. So I decided to convert it into a 635.

After I familiarized myself with the driver a bit, I realized that I could actually integrate one of my own on-lead RED drivers without sacrificing the existing driver modes and smart-switch circuitry. So that's what I did! I also swapped out the existing glass lens and put in a RED-coated 3-element.

attachment.php

Ultimately, it's doing around 550mW in "ON" mode, and around 300mW in "Pulse".

Here's a video demonstration of the modes + LPMing for those interested:
Arctic Conversion to 635 - YouTube

I know everyone rags on this laser, but you've got to grant it one thing - it's a SOLID host. I'm not sure I've ever seen a Mitsubishi RED build hold its output as steady as this build - I watched it on my Ophir, and it's remarkable to barely see the digits change.

• At 15 seconds, it LPM'd at 550mW
  • At 300 seconds (6 minutes) it LPM'd at 521mW
  • At 600 seconds (10 minutes) it LPM'd at 496mW
495mW is the point at which the diode had dropped to 90% of its original output. The build held within 10% of it's max output power for slightly over 10 minutes into a duty cycle. That's pretty remarkable for a Mitsubishi RED build. I let it run until the 15 minute mark, and:

• At 900 seconds (15 minutes) it LPM'd at 479mW
That's a drop of just 13% of output power by the end of an irresponsibly long 15 minute duty cycle. I've never personally seen that kind of endurance from any other portable RED build I've done. It's a nice host. Even if it did take me 10 minutes to figure out the "smart" switch ;)

Anyway, neat, fun, quick build... errr "conversion".

I have one wicked Laser Arctic to be a good candidate to transform it into 635nm.
First: Are you in the disposition to transform my laser like yours?
Second: If the past answer was yes, how much are the price for the labor and the price for the labor plush materials (635nm diode and the G2 lens)
Please send me a PM with your answer. Thanks