Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

******Special Limited 10 Run GUIDESMAN*****

Is this fit for a direct diode press-fit, or an Aixiz module?

Thanks,

AAlasers

Aixiz. This is straight from Ray's first post:

This is now your pill area. The heatsink effectively acts as an entire module assembly. Aixiz with diode in the front (thermal epoxy is used to set the Aixiz in place. This was done so that their is not a bulky set screw hole drilled in the side of the nice heatsink surface.

SLPbum

Finally got a chance to run home from work and pick up Ray's custom host.
Very nice good sir.
Gunna take my time deciding what to put inside this awesome host.
Thanks again Ray.

RDCII

5453-ray-j-neal-custom-guidesman-host-1.jpg

5454-ray-j-neal-custom-guidesman-host-2.jpg

5455-ray-j-neal-custom-guidesman-host-3.jpg

5456-ray-j-neal-custom-guidesman-host-4.jpg

Same here I'm not sure what I'm going to do with mine? I'm thinking 445 for me, I havent built a new one in awhile...

Glad that you like it, SLPbum. Heres the cool thing about yours..IT SAT IN MY 'OL LADIES BREASTESES!

I received the host yesterday and love it. Will post pics when I build it, although I'm not sure what I'm going to do with mine either.

I can't believe that more people haven't jumped on this!

Mark, I think the price is too high for some people to justify. Oh well, I'm stickin' to my guns on these.

The price is actually quite reasonable for what you get ;) Arrived in perfect time for me to open it as a birthday present :D

Thanks Ray :beer:

Last edited:
Gettin close Ray ;) Just waiting on some parts. Need to get a diode and some batts

I just got mine built toady, as I as waiting on a diode myself. And now I'm waiting on a custom focus adapter that qumefox is making for me.

The thermal adhesive is still curing, but once I had it assembled I did test it to make sure it worked, before setting module and heatsink in the adhesive.

Once I get the focus adapter in I'll post pics.

Also, I tried using a 18650 but it's about 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch to long. Not even removing the springs would have allowed it to fit. I'm thinking an 18500 might work, but don't have one lying around to see. Also the host's diameter is greater, but I'm thinking a couple of wraps with electricl tape would do the trick, and I'm going to order one and see.

This really is a cool host, and I'm surprised that others haven't jumped on it!

Last edited: