Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Source for 575nm and 565nm OPTlaser modules

kecked

I am thinking you can debond the crystal with methylene chloride or for safety toluene. No chlorine to attach the coatings. Should be anhydrous of course. This will separate the diode and crystal.

last we can try angle tuning the wavelength. Sorry for the double post forgot to hit edit…. Maybe Brian p can put one in his cavity?

I'm delighted to send it as my expense to whomever you guys believe has the skills and tools to explore the crystals performance potential.

Or if I try it myself, perhaps an FAC 5W 808nm pump like this?

kecked

Just make sure you cool the crystal very well and protect from moisture. You need an ouptut coupler that can run at 560-580nm And is coated for 808nm. Should not be hard to find the HR in 808nm. Might try a yag set it might pass the yellow but you will only get one extra pass And will need to pump in a Z fold. Not sure if this crystal can do that or what the angle would be. No idea the refractance of it or acceptance angle. Likely be hard. Otherwise you need some magic mirror that lets 808nm in the backside but then reflects 100% on the other side. I can see a dichro maybe as the OC to reflect 808nm but pass some percentage of yellow But not sure how other than an L or Z fold how to get the pump in the cavity.

Kecked- Would you like me to send you the module with the failed IR pump my friend? You're free to keep it, I'm just interested to see it lase again and I might not have time to spend on it.

kecked

Kecked- Would you like me to send you the module with the failed IR pump my friend? You're free to keep it, I'm just interested to see it lase again and I might not have time to spend on it.
I have several. The person who you might do this with that I think could pull it off well if Brian P. He just successfully build and lazed a dpss z fold from scratch. I also have no time. Doing a PhD and working full time.

Sowee7

I grabbed a couple of these RGBY laser projectors. I'm guessing I got the 565nm diodes because it's much more of a greenish yellow. It almost appears to just be an IR diode with a crystal on it. 13mm module that was very easy to remove and connect to my power supply. The diode was getting 1.837 volts and .388 amps from it's driver.

Here are some pics:

Does anyone know where that module came from? I've never seen an OPTlaser or lasence module that looks like that, could there be another company producing them?

Does anyone know where that module came from? I've never seen an OPTlaser or lasence module that looks like that, could there be another company producing them?
I just picked up a brand new Thorlabs spectrometer. I'll get the wavelength when I have a moment.

Sowee7

I just picked up a brand new Thorlabs spectrometer. I'll get the wavelength when I have a moment.
Ok, please update us once you measure it, OPTlaser has made a few small batches of weird 568nm and 570nm modules so they could be from them

This is a much lower wavelength. I measured around 554nm. I'm wondering if they're mixing some red with it to get it more yellow.