Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

son's revenge bit too sweet (help) (canada)

we live on 6 acres, since 2013 its just me and my young son

only lasers we ever seen is the red dot ones, sounds more like u folks have some bigger lasers going on here

In March of this year I got a large pay cheque of $2150 and ordered DragonLaser 447MW 1watt laser, which is blue (some may know me from my review i left in dragonlasers.com)

yes we are rural, but we are peaceful people, i have close to 200 gophers mostly untrained, some you may never see since they prefer underground life. they live like kings

only idiots who have ever come and trespass on my land was last week, they try to break my shed maybe to steal tools or my project car, been several incidents like this recently in these parts

yep it was calamitous, they didnt know they faced my young son with his shiny new 1watt dragonlaser

long story short the trespasser ate dirt and for his trouble i allowed the boy to flash 2 quick beams directly at the subdued fellows eye (only 1 each). he was awful lucky he was white because i think dark skin would burn faster under the laser . Rather get blind for few days then burn mark on my fore head

i would have not hesitated to shoot him. heck of a difference between a kids laser pen and a .45 round to the dome

we did wish to start cutting a certain body part with a guillotine (joke) but RCMP came (20 mins late i might add) (Edit: RCMP are our rural police)

the officers were understanding and one had a play session with the laser which was really good (calmed down the boy)

may try more dragon lasers when i get paid next, thinking about a green or even violet one, still new to this hobby, laser is like s3x, play with the b*tch and see what works

i come here to see if other canadians been on this situation before feel free to chime in, not sure what will happen next, or what recourse i have, how long will it take this goof's eye to heal any way?

Praise the lord

-Willio

Last edited:

gozert

Welcome! What I would suggest to alert untruders is using a laser dazzler. These are lasers that are specifically made for these kind of things and are less harmful but still will do their job just as good.

From a Dutch citizen's perspective this sounds really violent. But that is because you can actually get sued for beating an intruder. While I'm glas we're not allowed to have guns here, I'd love it to be able to defend myself without getting my ass sued because I broke someones arm for example.

Also, since both you and your son enjoy lasers, have you considered building one together with your son? This usually is cheaper and can be a little challenging for the first time as well. Of course, aside of that it's major fun and exciting for both of you.

Edit: I saw you talking about a violet laser. Please keep in mind that this color (405nm) is severely less bright than what you currently own. I wouldn't even consider getting anything under 500mW of this wavelength myself.

Last edited:
i have close to 200 gophers mostly untrained

hCWLB.jpg

eye damage from direct hits of such powerful lasers is often permanent damage, not just a few days, i think it's a most inappropriate and cruel deterrant, but I'm also one who doesnt believe in capital punishment for theft and trespassing/burglary unless they threaten your personal safety. simply brandishing a weapon would probably make them leave in a hurry if they were unarmed. i question your claim of being a peaceful person, but it's possible our definitions differ. injuring someone, or allowing it, after they are "subdued" sounds illegal and cruel to me

one of my best friends has a similar criminal charge on his record, but now he is a real upstanding guy who would not do anything similar again. if he were killed/blinded instead it would have been a great loss. I for one would rather take a 1W laser to the forehead than to the eye any day of the week

I also would not refer to a 1W 445nm laser as a "kids laser pen"

food for thought

really hope this is some kinda troll.

Last edited:
Don't know about Canadian civil or criminal law, but the damage would be permanent, mostly a question of how much damage is done.

In the US doing something like this would be beyond a huge mistake. Not only might there be criminal repercussions, including jail time, but there would definitely, beyond the shadow of a doubt be extreme civil repercussions to the tune of any and all medical, and legal costs, and well as potentially a lifetime's worth of wages if the person becomes disabled.

Probably is.

From a Dutch citizen's perspective this sounds really violent. But that is because you can actually get sued for beating an intruder. While I'm glas we're not allowed to have guns here, I'd love it to be able to defend myself without getting my ass sued because I broke someones arm for example.

I get very angry every time I hear this perverse mentally ill bullshit!

Gozert, I am not trying to insult you personally, you even say you want to be able to defend yourself so I am going to assume you're a good person who still has moral values and a sense of right and wrong. I will however take a moment to say what I think of your country and its elected officials.

If a foreign military attacked and invaded your country, would you all just do nothing and welcome them? Or maybe just ask other NATO members to defend you? Oh and since you're not allowed to have guns I don't see how there could be much of a resistance anyway. Your people are clearly pacifists and your country should be expelled from NATO.

I myself am very opposed to war and I don't approve of some of what our criminal leaders are doing, but if the US was directly attacked I would be all in favor of war. The same for individuals, we all have to protect ourselves, no one will do it for you.

If your elected officials have created laws that prohibit you from defending yourselves, then they too are criminals and should be treated as such. These laws will only cause your country to deteriorate over time and are promoting crime by protecting the criminals.

Your country likely won't be invaded in our lifetime, it is far more likely your country will be destroyed from within, with the rise of Islam, already becoming a problem in your country from what I have read. They already know you are pacifists, you can expect many more, and one day they will decide they should be in charge and some of you will loose your heads.

Hopefully you are very patriotic and want to work to improve your country, if so I wish you luck.

Am sorry to go off topic like this but this needs to be said more everyday, it seems most people only think about today and don't care about the future. I think mostly just people with children or close family with children even think about or care what kind of world those children will grow up in. All of you put away your Xbox or playstation and start looking at what's going on around you or when the power goes off one day your going to say what the hell is going on here?

Alan

Last edited:
It's funny though, I keep a loaded 9mm not to protect against intruders or criminals, but because I know how stupid people are, and I know they have guns as well.

I see myself more likely of shooting an NRA gun nut than someone trying to rob me.

CallMePapa, This is no joke, if you actually are not a troll and did what you said you did, Then you very well could have inflicted serious permanent eye damage on two fellows.
Even if they did trespass on your property there is NO reason to assault them. BTW, even in WAR it is "illegal" (by UN Protocol IV) to use "Blinding Laser Weapons".

Like Shakenawake said, saying a 1W 445nm laser is a "kids laser pen" is like saying an AR-15 or an AK-47 is a BB gun!

Encap

eye damage from direct hits of such powerful lasers is often permanent damage, not just a few days, ... injuring someone, or allowing it, after they are "subdued" sounds illegal and cruel to me
I also would not refer to a 1W 445nm laser as a "kids laser pen"
Don't know about Canadian civil or criminal law, but the damage would be permanent, mostly a question of how much damage is done.
In the US doing something like this would be beyond a huge mistake. Not only might there be criminal repercussions, including jail time, but there would definitely, beyond the shadow of a doubt be extreme civil repercussions to the tune of any and all medical, and legal costs, and well as potentially a lifetime's worth of wages if the person becomes disabled.
Probably is.
This thread is obvious spam, trying to get a rise out of the members here.
CallMePapa, This is no joke, if you actually are not a troll and did what you said you did, Then you very well could have inflicted serious permanent eye damage on two fellows.
Even if they did trespass on your property there is NO reason to assault them. BTW, even in WAR it is "illegal" (by UN Protocol IV) to use "Blinding Laser Weapons".

Agree with all the above good points.

It almost certainly has to be a troll --- if not a troll then a very uininformed and irresponsible about lasers and Canadian law.

Last edited:
Lasers are not toys nor defense units. Even dazzlers I feel are on the verge of a morality issue!
Thats just me though... and 200 gophers??? hmmm

APEX1

Gozert, I am not trying to insult you personally, you even say you want to be able to defend yourself so I am going to assume you're a good person who still has moral values and a sense of right and wrong. I will however take a moment to say what I think of your country and its elected officials.

If a foreign military attacked and invaded your country, would you all just do nothing and welcome them? Or maybe just ask other NATO members to defend you? Oh and since you're not allowed to have guns I don't see how there could be much of a resistance anyway. Your people are clearly pacifists and your country should be expelled from NATO.

I myself am very opposed to war and I don't approve of some of what our criminal leaders are doing, but if the US was directly attacked I would be all in favor of war. The same for individuals, we all have to protect ourselves, no one will do it for you.

If your elected officials have created laws that prohibit you from defending yourselves, then they too are criminals and should be treated as such. These laws will only cause your country to deteriorate over time and are promoting crime by protecting the criminals.

Your country likely won't be invaded in our lifetime, it is far more likely your country will be destroyed from within, with the rise of Islam, already becoming a problem in your country from what I have read. They already know you are pacifists, you can expect many more, and one day they will decide they should be in charge and some of you will loose your heads.

Hopefully you are very patriotic and want to work to improve your country, if so I wish you luck.

Am sorry to go off topic like this but this needs to be said more everyday, it seems most people only think about today and don't care about the future. I think mostly just people with children or close family with children even think about or care what kind of world those children will grow up in. All of you put away your Xbox or playstation and start looking at what's going on around you or when the power goes off one day your going to say what the hell is going on here?

Alan

This is an awesome reply. I am impressed that someone had the guts to say it. No need for me to say anything about gozerts post lol Alan spoke for a lot of people on this one
Had to add these lol
CAM00946_zpsvdafjg59.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0489_2_zpszmxj44q2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

gozert

Alan

My country indeed won't likely be attacked by another country, but rather by certain (religeous) movements.
I'm someone who definitely wants to improve his country where possible. The rise of Islam indeed is somewhat of a problem here. Luckily it's not as bad as in France yet, where a couple days ago two people were killed for the sake of ISIS.

Anyways, I completely agree with you, no insult taken. Thanks for your insight.

I would never ask a kid to do that unless his life was in immediate danger. He should have asked for the WEAPON and do it himself. Next time use rocksalt in a twelve gauge to the seat of thier pants. More fun, no permanent damage. Just the sight of the big shotgun is more than enough deterrent.

gang, let's be honest here.

I am disappointed to see most of the respondents were americans, who know nothing of canadian law or our customs. This is a tense situation and we have recieved no word from the RCMP. Each day my son asks if there will be consequences. and i dont know what to answer. which is why i come here. Even put "Canada" in the header

To those giving home defense tips, appreciated. I have a strong gate. I let my son play in window-range. My son stays under 24/7 guard while inside the property. Touch my son and I will unleash all I got.

Me and my son are animal lovers. He is the one that started my vegetarianism. We even went as far as starting a campfire with the laser, 0 emissions.

I would never ask a kid to do that unless his life was in immediate danger.

The flash punishment was his idea and in the heat of the moment I allowed it

Go read my message again and get some clarity before you throw terms like that around lightly. This is only a blue laser, not red. Also, only one intruder was flashed

To noobphaser15, I can tell you are a true enthusiast. I am devoted to "hunting" as well . I encourage all nationalities to defend themselves and oppose trespassers

-Willio

Last edited: