Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Something I whipped up today

I didn't take any pics of the first run of AL heatsinks i'm doing for these, but I took a couple pics of the copper ones that I have in progress though.

IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

Er, they're not that fine. They're 1mm TP. And I cut them on the lathe. I had just finished cutting them when I took the last pic. The thread cutter is still chucked in the tool post.

Only had about an hour to play with the lathe tonight before I was forced to go do other stuff, so about all I got accomplished was painting the grooves then machining the fins to their final OD. I know I won't get to work on it tomorrow, but hopefully wednesday night I can get them all parted off and at least a couple done. Maybe by then my dies will have gotten here so I can finish the holder for the focus rings so I can finish those and get the first batch of aluminum ones up for sale.

IMG_0096.JPG

IMG_0097.JPG

Not really sure. Though most chinese flashlight threading, at least on the larger diameter stuff, is a 1mm thread pitch.

Oh, do you mean tripod mount threads? If so, yeah, those are standard 1/4-20.

Last edited:

Tonga

qumefox I missed this thread until now. That's beautiful work man;) Thanks for all the info and pics.

Dude that is sick, I love the look of that heatsink, over the top ! +1

yes a standard tripod thread is 1/4-20 but the 007's have a 1/4-28 thread for whatever reason.

Possibly. These don't come with a big fancy box, or a tripod, but strangely, these seem to be built better than the last batch of tanks I got. heh.

Didnt take a camera, or even my phone out tonight, so no in progress pics. I did get all the heatsinks parted though. I also discovered i'm going to have to do something different with the copper ones. While jaw marks aren't a problem on the aluminum, the much softer copper presented a problem with it though.

Anyway. here's the finished product. one of them anyway. The bad white balance in this pic doesn't make the copper stand out much but it's much more noticeable to the eye. I honestly don't really think I like the two tone look. But some might, or can deal with it just to have copper instead of aluminum.

100_0679.JPG