Only had about an hour to play with the lathe tonight before I was forced to go do other stuff, so about all I got accomplished was painting the grooves then machining the fins to their final OD. I know I won't get to work on it tomorrow, but hopefully wednesday night I can get them all parted off and at least a couple done. Maybe by then my dies will have gotten here so I can finish the holder for the focus rings so I can finish those and get the first batch of aluminum ones up for sale.
Didnt take a camera, or even my phone out tonight, so no in progress pics. I did get all the heatsinks parted though. I also discovered i'm going to have to do something different with the copper ones. While jaw marks aren't a problem on the aluminum, the much softer copper presented a problem with it though.
Anyway. here's the finished product. one of them anyway. The bad white balance in this pic doesn't make the copper stand out much but it's much more noticeable to the eye. I honestly don't really think I like the two tone look. But some might, or can deal with it just to have copper instead of aluminum.