Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Some questions

Remco2

Hi,

I have some questions,

What can i see, when a person at 3 miles distance from me shines directly at me with

A Cheap keychain 1mW red laserpointer?

A 5mW red laserpointer

A 5mW green laserpointer

A 100mW green laserpointer

A 200mW red and a 200mW (green) laserpointer

And what can i see of the light ,when a person point a laser of a spartan extreme 2 Watt ,directly at me ,from also 3 miles distance?

How do i see the light and the beam of these laserpointers from 1mW till extreme 2 Watt spartan lasers, when a person shines directly at me from a 3 mile distance in the dark with no obstacles?

Please can you help me with this questions?

Thank you!

Remco

AnthoT

The 1 mw one likely won't be visible that far away but all the others should. Maybe just the 5mw would have a problem getting that far but not the others :)
Hope I could help
-Anthony

Remco2

Hello everybody

please help me with the following questions,

Can you answer them All?

1 How does the visible beam look when i shine at daylight (afternoon) and at darkness,(night) With a,

1mW red laserpointer?

1mW green laserpointer?

5mW red laserpointer?

100mW red and green laserpointer?

A 1000mW green laserpointer?

And how does the beam look at afternoon, and at night ,of a extreme 2 Watt spartan laser/pointer?

2 What are the strongest pen sized laserpointers you can buy? How much mW do they have?

3 What do people see, when i shine at darkness into their house, at a distance of 1 mile, with a 50mW green laserpointer when they watch TV? Do they see, that i shine at them? Do they see a visible spot?

4 What are all the things (fun things) i ca do with a 2 Watt extreme spartan laserpointer?

5 What happens, when i shine at people homes ,with a extreme 2 Watt laserpointer?

5 How much mW do i need, to have 1 Watt?

6 What are the weakest laserpointers,you can buy? Cheap crappy things?

7 What are all the things i can do with a limited 1mW red keychain laserpointer?

Regards,

Remco

please help me with the following questions,

Can you answer them All?

1 How does the visible beam look when i shine at daylight (afternoon) and at darkness,(night) With a,

1mW red laserpointer? no beam at day or night

1mW green laserpointer? no beam at day but mabey at night it will be depending on if its clear or not, if not it may be slightly visable

5mW red laserpointer? same as 1mw green

100mW red and green laserpointer? red no beam at noon, visable at night, green no beam at noon unless shade or particle in the air, bright at night.

A 1000mW green laserpointer? visible during the day at noon or any other time unless your blind.

And how does the beam look at afternoon, and at night ,of a extreme 2 Watt spartan laser/pointer? semi bright in after noon, holy crap at night if a 445nm at 2W but the above green is a holy crap at night also.

2 What are the strongest pen sized laserpointers you can buy? How much mW do they have? viewing or burning?

3 What do people see, when i shine at darkness into their house, at a distance of 1 mile, with a 50mW green laserpointer when they watch TV? Do they see, that i shine at them? Do they see a visible spot?
depends but no generly not.
4 What are all the things (fun things) i ca do with a 2 Watt extreme spartan laserpointer?
depends on what you think as of as fun.
5 What happens, when i shine at people homes ,with a extreme 2 Watt laserpointer?
you could go to jail!
5 How much mW do i need, to have 1 Watt?
1000mw
6 What are the weakest laserpointers,you can buy? Cheap crappy things?
I don't have any clue but it would be red at 1-5mw from a dvd sled.
7 What are all the things i can do with a limited 1mW red keychain laserpointer?
see a faint dot inside, use as pet toy.
Regards,

hope i could help i used noon because after noon is to broad and I have no idea how bright it is where you live.

Last edited:

Remco2

And The Reddish or others,

1 Which pointer has a treater beam distance?

My green 5mW (but is tested at 20mW)

or my 200mW red pointer (which can burn paper)?

2 How much red mW,s do you need, to get 100 green mw,s?

3 How long is the visible small sharp green laserbeam (approx) of my 20mW green pointer?

If i shine with my 20mW green pointer at night, to a person at 1 kilometer (mile) distance, can he see the sharp laserbeam above him?

4 What do people think, when i point my 200 mW red pointer on them, when they are in their house at evening (night?) At 1 mile distance??

5 Are there people who shine on planes with their lasers?

6 What is the beam/Spot distance of,

A 1 mW red keychain laser (pet toy)?

A 1 mW green laserpointer?

A 5 mW red, and a 5 mW green laserpointer?

A 30 mW green Laserpointer?

A 100 mW green laserpointer?

A 200 mW green, and a 200 mW red laserpointer?

A 1000 mW green and a 1000 mW blue laserpointer?

A 2 or 3 Watt green, or blue extreme spartan laserpointer?

7 @The Reddish... What is your lasercollection?

What colour, and how much mW,s do they have?

4 What do people think, when i point my 200 mW red pointer on them, when they are in their house at evening (night?) At 1 mile distance??

5 Are there people who shine on planes with their lasers?

You need to stop. You don't sound like your old enough to own a laser.
Do not point any laser at a person or a plane or in their houses at night.

why are you asking this, btw, I can't help you for a few hours as I need sleep but in the mean time you can use the search button, or wait for other that are probably 4x more knowledgeable about lasers than me. Good luck. I do need to add my collection to my sig but I am lazy:p about and read this http://laserpointerforums.com/f44/r...ained-biology-72616.html?highlight=biological for some info about brightness of a laser, their are a tons of threads about this though this is just the tip of the iceberg.

One thing I will say before I go to bed, Anything over 5mw can cause problems and IMO anything over 5mw could blind folks because without an LPM you have no idea what they are. You also would need proper gloggles above 5mw and and never point at ppl you could go to jail get sued or hurt someone. or all 3. The part about pointing at aircraft, is a severe no no and is a felony and worse it is part of the home protection act, same ppl that show in all black cut your clothing off with razors stick you on a plane and you end up? in some unknown detention camp and are treated like a terrorist. not the folks to mess around with.

Last edited:

Remco2

Where do you all, use your laserpointers for?

Just for fun? or for serious things?

I use mine for astronomy and lithography experiments(just starting), impressing me friends, and a tiny amount of cash on the side and viewing I think lasers are the most pretty thing in the universe. I spent my first few days burning everything, but that is not really that fun and fades quickly. I have a 445nm on a gun mount but to afraid to take it to a range, not from blinding someone, but don't know if my build can take the kick of a .338 Lapua Magnum AR 30.

Remco2

I use mine for astronomy and lithography experiments(just starting), impressing me friends, and a tiny amount of cash on the side and viewing I think lasers are the most pretty thing in the universe. I spent my first few days burning everything, but that is not really that fun and fades quickly. I have a 445nm on a gun mount but to afraid to take it to a range, not from blinding someone, but don't know if my build can take the kick of a .338 Lapua Magnum AR 30.

How much mW does it have?

And i use my laserpointers just for fun,

point it to the stars, and at trees with birds in it, the flying away with hundreds, whe i point it at the tree.

And im simply fascinated,by that i can shine miles away from me, at points where there are no hazards ,people cars.

the one on my ar-30 is around 1.4w or 1400mw its kinda useless though the laser would have a much better home on a brush gun or even a shotgun. I got an offer for 3k for my whole system but I want to drive it up a bit as it takes for ever to get a rifle like that, the lead time is nuts I waited 7 months.

Last edited:

Remco2

the one on my ar-30 is around 1.4w or 1400mw its kinda useless though the laser would have a much better home on a brush gun or even a shotgun. I got an offer for 3k for my whole system but I want to drive it up a bit as it takes for ever to get a rifle like that, the lead time is nuts I waited 7 months.

Is the beam of your 1400 mW laser, visible during daylight?

And how bright is the beam at darkness? Very bright?.

And 2 more questions,

1 How long is the visible sharp beam of my 30 mW green laserpointer?

Can you, when you are 1 mile away from me, see the sharp green beam of my 30 mW above you, when i point in darkness at your direction?

2 What colour is your 1400 mW laser?

jakeGT

Dear Jesus Christ son.

Use the search function, read half of a thread related to our topic an you will have all the info you will ever need.. This is like spoon feeding a 2 year old... Your old enough to post on a forum obviously so your old enough to read.

So read and quit asking dumb questions. If you took 5 minutes you could quit wasting everyone's time.

It is ok to ask questions, but too many and you are asking someone else to do a lot of work for you. You could take some of that workload off of them by doing some research on your own.

For example, he has already told you the color of his 1.4 watt laser. There is really only one color it could practically be anyway, which you would know if you do some reading here on the forum.

It is a 445nm of course. :)