Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Some my new host

I really like that too, if you make another one please keep me in mind.

I would like a square host myself. I was thinking about making a square battery tube with a module on each end for hand grasp that you could sight down your arm, the beams would pretty much appear to come together at infinity.

dfb2b3b.jpg

Getting them to converge would be the most difficult part of doing that if you are trying to go for infinity. If you do get it going I would be interested in seeing how close you got to aligning them.

I've tried to make parallel beams using M140 diodes and quickly found from diode to diode they do not center, either due to the diodes themselves being slightly off from one to the other, or the way they are pressed into the holder/heatsink being slightly off. Close in you can't see they are pointed slightly different, but far away, they are all over the place, some close, others not at all close. From this I learned I must have a method of X-Y alignment for each and every diode (when there are more than two).

You have to build in adjustability, you can't just drill two holes and expect everything will align, that's why I noted 3 set screws on my simple concept drawing.