Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Some Argon Pics. {{UPDATED}}

I finally was able to take some Argon pics.
Had to find a suitable fan before I could run it.
Cyonics 2214-40ML putting out 70mW@8.6A
All the beam shots were taken at 7.0A.
In the 20-25 minutes it was on, the temp. in the head rose by <10 degrees (I bought a big fan):D

75mWArgon037.jpg

75mWArgon041.jpg

75mWArgon006.jpg

75mWArgon017.jpg

75mWArgon005.jpg

75mWArgon026.jpg

75mWArgon025.jpg

75mWArgon003.jpg

Last edited:

Re: Some Argon Pics. (finally)

(sad music)
(standing in the rain looking at Greenmechanic's pics)
(looks to the sky, shakes fist...)

Someday, I will have a 2214-40ML.... someday...

Nice laser. :) Nice beamshots. :)

Love it!! That is a very cool argon you gots there :D
Btw, I also like your cat very much :D That picture with your cat being dressed was actually quite funny and lovely at the same time :p

Asherz

Nice pictures, you captured the colour of the argon very well :)

I love my argon, shame they're such a pain to turn on and you can't move them, unlike pointers where you just push a button and off you go.

Do you just leave yours setup, or plug it all in when you want too use it?

(sad music)
(standing in the rain looking at Greenmechanic's pics)
(looks to the sky, shakes fist...)

Someday, I will have a 2214-40ML.... someday...

Nice laser. :) Nice beamshots. :)
Thank you! I see you have a few Ar's already, but nothing has the WOW factor of an ML. I was in awe the first time I seen it fire up. By far the coolest laser I own.
Love it!! That is a very cool argon you gots there :D
Btw, I also like your cat very much :D That picture with your cat being dressed was actually quite funny and lovely at the same time :p
Thank you for your kind comments. Everybody loves the pics of my "son" dressed in his Halloween costumes.(except him):D
Every year the wife makes a different costume for him to wear for the "Trick or Treater's" to OHH and AHH over.
(Yes, we are some of those weird "cat people")

Nice pictures, you captured the colour of the argon very well :)

I love my argon, shame they're such a pain to turn on and you can't move them, unlike pointers where you just push a button and off you go.

Do you just leave yours setup, or plug it all in when you want too use it?
Thanks very much! I take it down every time. No room in my lab to leave it set up.
I take it out to the garage and set it up with the Fog Machine, tripod, etc. Talk about putting off some heat! My garage's temp. goes up by 40 degrees after about 30 mins of running it. (good in the winter, very bad in the summer, I have almost had a heat stroke after 30 mins. in there) I come out of there dripping wet. (but giddy from the colors)

Asherz

Yea I know what you mean, I have mine setup in the corner of my room so I only have to flick a few switches but as my rooms already a converted loft it just heats up so much it's almost unbearable lol.

Is that a flexable dryer vent line?

I = Envy

Is that a flexable dryer vent line?

I = Envy
Thanks!
Yes, it's the rigid type, dryer vent.
I tried the flex. stuff and as soon as I turned on the fan, it sucked it down from 8' to 12".
I jumped toward the head!
I thought it was going to pull it off of the table it was on.
Luckily it just moved the fan.:whistle:
Decided right then to go with the rigid type vent line.:yh:

lol, I've spent all day digging a trench for conduit to a detached 3 car garage. I'm going to have her wired and set up for a laser playhouse :)

sorta off topic, but most argons are wired for 220 right? I usually see dryers underneath argons in pictures, never with the vent though :D

lol, I've spent all day digging a trench for conduit to a detached 3 car garage. I'm going to have her wired and set up for a laser playhouse :)

sorta off topic, but most argons are wired for 220 right? I usually see dryers underneath argons in pictures, never with the vent though :D
Most heads can be wired either way. It's a matter of switching a jumper and a switch inside the case (Cyonics, except ones with a "B" in the model #)
Spectra-Physics PSU's require a little more work, re-soldering PCB posts and moving jumpers around.
You've probably see a lot of 220V ones because they can be had cheaper then the 120V ones. (About 1/2 the price)
The 4" (dryer) vent on mine runs to a 600CFM Rotary Vane Fan.
I think the clothes-dryer's in the pictures you have seen, are there only because of the 220V plug behind it.

Here's a few more pics. using a CD as a D/G
BTW:Looking for a "lab grade" Transmission Beam Fan Diffraction Grating and/Or a Reflection Beam Fan, if anybody has one cheap/fair. All of mine are crap with a capitol C (Plastic)
I can only imagine what a lab grating would look like. I am sure that there would be much, much, less divergence.

75mWArgonML017.jpg

75mWArgonML003.jpg

75mWArgonML005.jpg

75mWArgonML015.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Some Argon Pics. <<<NEW PICS>>>

I'm going to have to start watching for multiline argons. If they look that cool in pictures I can only imagine how they look in person.

Trevor

Epic beamshots. Do want.

-Trevor

Nice laser!
What is the beam diameter of this laser?

The multiline beam measures <2mm. The lines themselves, measure between 4-7mm, most of that is the cheap optics I have, I'm sure.
I am ordering a "lab" D/G from E_F's link. I am sure it will make a world of difference.
After all, how precise can using a CD be?:thinking: