Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sold! Ophir 20C LPM with J.Bauer chipset and datalogging.

Hello guys,

I am selling my beloved laserpowermeter. It comes with all the goodies you need to start measuring your lasers (either as a hobbyist or professional). I have used this meter in the past to measure some DIY lasers I sold. Now I don’t sell lasers anymore I don’t feel the need for such a great piece of equipment. It has been stored in my closet for a few years now. :)

I tested these chips for jerry a few years ago. They work great. I built them in my custom enclosure. I have asked Jerry if i may sell this. And that was ok! :beer:

It comes with:

- the meter
- power cord and EU adapter
- ophir 20C head
- RS232 to USB for win XP win 7
- CH340 to USB for win 10
- laserbee software

I bought the ophir head new and it has been used very lightly (looks brand new). They are known for their versatilety and quick respons times.

If you put a heatsink on the head i am sure you can meter 10W. I have personally never used it above 3W.

You can use the meter standalone with the display to check laser power. You can also simultaneously use the datalogging function on either open LPM or laserbee software. Whatever you prefer. I recently tested the meter on win 10 and everything works great.

I made a video on the meter here (also with pictures):

Price $450. + pp fees and shipping

Greetings,

Robin

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Re: Ophir 20C LPM with J.Bauer chipset and datalogging.

Good luck with your sale, Robin, I've always liked your custom LPM, it's a beauty! :beer:

Hello guys,

I am selling my beloved laserpowermeter. It comes with all the goodies you need to start measuring your lasers (either as a hobbyist or professional). I have used this meter in the past to measure some DIY lasers I sold. Now I don’t sell lasers anymore I don’t feel the need for such a great piece of equipment. It has been stored in my closet for a few years now. :)

I tested these chips for jerry a few years ago. They work great. I built them in my custom enclosure. I have asked Jerry if i may sell this. And that was ok! :beer:

It comes with:

- the meter
- power cord and EU adapter
- ophir 20C head
- RS232 to USB for win XP win 7
- CH340 to USB for win 10
- laserbee software

I bought the ophir head new and it has been used very lightly (looks brand new). They are known for their versatilety and quick respons times.

If you put a heatsink on the head i am sure you can meter 10W. I have personally never used it above 3W.

You can use the meter standalone with the display to check laser power. You can also simultaneously use the datalogging function on either open LPM or laserbee software. Whatever you prefer. I recently tested the meter on win 10 and everything works great.

I made a video on the meter here (also with pictures):

Price $625,- + shipping and pp fee’s. Of this money i will donate 50$ to jerry for the awesome work he does.

Greetings,

Robin
Good luck with your sale Robin..

Thanks for the kind words and very generous
offer. No need to send me $50...
Give it to the Forum maintenance instead..;)

Jerry

Good luck with your sale too, I was just watching one of your videos on this unit I happened upon at Youtube the other day. By the way, if anyone knows where I can get the connector with wires attached for one of these, as well as a heat sink to extend the power reading range, please PM me.

Good luck with your sale Robin..

Thanks for the kind words and very generous
offer. No need to send me $50...
Give it to the Forum maintenance instead..;)

Jerry

Sure will do :beer:

Good luck with your sale too, I was just watching one of your videos on this unit I happened upon at Youtube the other day. By the way, if anyone knows where I can get the connector with wires attached for one of these, as well as a heat sink to extend the power reading range, please PM me.

Thanks! I cant remember where i got mine. But it is called a “4 pin molex” connection. I am sure you can find them online.

Greetings :D

Gazen

Good luck selling it

Chris... If you need one (4 pin connector) contact me by
E-Main in my sig.

Jerry

Last edited:

Pman

Remember when you were building it and how I really liked the housing. Seems like such a long time ago when a bunch of us were working on our Ophir meters and it was a big deal to have such a high multiwatt capable reader. Time is just flying by on my end.

GSS

OMG!!!
Hi Petey:):):):):):)

OMG!!!
Hi Petey:):):):):):)

I nearly fell off my chair too !!

Hi Pete (Pman), how are you?
Nice to see you post.

:beer:

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

It's good to see you posting again Pman. Don't be a stranger. Or at least any more stranger. :D

Instead of price dropping people that are interested can pm me. We will then see if we can come to an agreement.

Greetings :beer:

Encap

Instead of price dropping people that are interested can pm me. We will then see if we can come to an agreement.

Greetings :beer:

Great unit for someone lucky enough to be able to afford it.