Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[SOLD] NEW Zaser XL Custom White Powder Coating Host $130 Shipped [SOLD]

I sell an unused new MrCrouse Zaser host made with a new white powder coating finish, nice to see and really strong against scratches.
The dimensions are:

Lenght: 277mm;
Head Diameter: 53mm (suitable for Laserglow beam expander);
Battery tube diameter: 31mm;
Weight: 675 grams.

Here are the pics:

QBhTk7.jpg

PNaxPO.jpg

DJPGF4.jpg

75gRWT.jpg

S49wpm.jpg

As bonus a gift of 2x non-protected Panasonic 18650 3400 Mah.

Last edited:

Re: NEW Zaser XL Custom White Powder Coating Host $130 Shipped

Man that is one sweet host, wish I had the extra cash for it. But already committed to other purchases. :(

Beautiful, what is it made for? A 12mm DTR module? Is there paint in between the heat sink fins? Better if there isn't for heat transfer.

Last edited:

Hello.
Sorry for my PM, I see now Your reply here :p
Yes, it is suitable for DTR modules.
It has a very strong nice coating, and a custom rock solid pill for drivers.
There is very few coating between the fins, and in the deeper parts there is no coating. It's nice to see and it helps to cooling better.
If You are interested I will send U a paypal request ...

Cheers.

Richard.

Love the looks of that host, one of the things I don't understand about most hosts is the lack of heat exchanging fins, many of them have no fins, or if they do, a mere shadow of the depth they should have, but yours does! A++++++

Good design as well as awesome beauty.

PM returned.

Last edited:
Is this still available?

Haha nevermind seen it is sold sorry

Last edited:
Ya, I have it, but have not been able to figure out what is wrong with the tail cap switch, can't get it to work right, something to do with a combination of the switch, the height of the button and where the threaded washer is placed, can't seem to figure this problem out yet.

Hello Alaskan. So the host that I have sold You a lot of months ago never works correctly? But this is a recent issue? You never told me anything about that !
I also had issues with Zaser hosts some times ago. In one Zaser the problem was the battery barrel too short, in another Zaser the barrel was too long. In the second scenario it is enough to put some magnetic neodimium gold plated spacers between the cells or/and soldered on the top of each spring. In the first case You must shorten the springs and use cells with short positive contacts. Usually excessive pressure against the cells can deform the negative contacts and create issues with the switch. I had a similar scenario in the Cypreus copper host. I solved it shorting the plastic switch hub.

OK, I will see what I can do to find the problem, seemed like the batteries were putting too much pressure on the switch assembly somehow. I didn't mention it because for the price I bought it at and only being a mechanical issue I need to figure out, I wasn't unhappy with the deal.

... a good price is not a valid reason for a malfunctioning device :rolleyes:
With that host I used Panasonic cells with flat top and a tiny spacer on the top of one cell.
You can also try this (only for experiment): do not twist completely the barrel inside the threaded head. Please leave about 1-2 mm of space and see if the issue disappear. If so, it is a problem of excessive spring pressure.

Lucky man Alaskan haha. That is an awesome host;)

Edit: that's a bummer I am sure you will get it fixed. Hey if you ever want to get rid of it let me know thanks

Last edited:
OK I will give it a try, I didn't have a diode I wanted to use in it yet but I recently acquired a NUBM44 6 watt laser diode which has window damage, I need to get it de-canned, then I can use it.

OK I will give it a try, I didn't have a diode I wanted to use in it yet but I recently acquired a NUBM44 6 watt laser diode which has window damage, I need to get it de-canned, then I can use it.

That is the exact diode I would use in such a wonderful host as yours. Just think after your diodes is decanned may be even more powerful

Last edited:
BTW: it is safe to use a diode decanned? I think it wil bee much more delicate. What's happen if a small dust grain go directly over the diode?
It is not possible to re-can the diode?