Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SOLD: Kryton Groove - 1W 445nm Kits = $155 SOLD

daguin

ALL SOLD. Thanks for looking

I have a limited number of Kryton Groove hosts available. Contact me. I will probably post a thread about them soon

drlava is out of stock of the drivers .
It will be about a month before he has them back in stock again.
As a result, I only have FIVE (5); FOUR (4) THREE (3) TWO (2) ONE (1) of the complete kits available now (3/8/11).
That is all of the unused drivers I have on hand

Now you can build your own 1W blue laser in the famous Kryton Groove

I have decided to release a limited number of my Kryton Groove barrels in these kits. The kits have everything you need to build your own 1 Watt 445nm laser (except solder ;) )

They come with a complete, unfinished Kryton Groove. It has all the parts (clicky switch, snap ring, o-rings, etc.)

They have a focus ring. They come with an AixiZ 445nm Glass lens. They have a drlava MicroBoost driver. They have an A-140; 445nm diode. They come with a high-discharge 18650 battery.

I have already assembled the tail piece and installed the o-rings

They are $155, shipped in the US. International shipping will be extra.
If you need me to press your diode for you, add $5

Kryton445nmKit.jpg

If you already have a diode or driver, PM me. We'll work something out.

The kit will work fine with a 405nm diode. I do not have any 405nm diodes in stock, so you would have to have it or get one yourself. The driver and lens will work with the 405nm diode as well.
Without the 445nm diode the kit would be $125

If you are looking to build a red laser, you will need to use a different driver and lens as well.
At that point, you are really pretty much just buying the host. The host with switch, cover, snap-ring, and o-rings will be $75

I also have a limited number of extra Kryton Groove heads. These are great for DIY labby's. They are $10 each, shipped in the US
KrytonHead.jpg

Peace,
dave

Last edited:

jakeGT

Re: FS: Kryton Groove - 1W 445nm Kits = $155

This is a great kit! If I didn't already have a bunch of parts on it's way for another build I would definitely hop on this, but maybe I will
Sell it and try out the famous krypton groove

Nice kit tho Dave!

iewed

Couple questions-

Is the driver preset? (I'm in college and my multimeter is at home)
Is the 18650 battery rechargeable?
All I need to supply is a soldering iron and solder?

Thanks, I've been out of this for awhile.

Last edited:

daguin

Couple questions-

Is the driver preset? (I'm in college and my multimeter is at home)
Is the 18650 battery rechargeable?
All I need to supply is a soldering iron and solder?

Thanks, I've been out of this for awhile.

I can preset the driver for $5

The battery is rechargeable. I believe that all 18650's are rechargeable.

This kit includes all the parts you will need to assemble your own laser. You will still need a charger for the battery.

Peace,
dave

do you have any pictures of the finished laser and beam?

daguin

do you have any pictures of the finished laser and beam?

Erm . . . a finished laser with this barrel would look much like the unfinished barrel :undecided:
All of these parts will be inside the barrel

IMG_0973.jpg

There are lots of pictures of what a 445nm beam looks like in the forum
4451.jpg

Peace,
dave

If you are looking to build a red laser, you will need to use a different lens. The driver will work fine.
Without the diode or lens, the kit would be $115

Was the "Or", a either one or the other or is it a typo and you mean both - diode and lens?

daguin

Was the "Or", a either one or the other or is it a typo and you mean both - diode and lens?

No problems. I don't have any problem with that grammar. However, here is a couple of other ways to say it.

You will not get this or that.

Or how about neither this nor that.

In order to build a red laser you are not going to want neither the 445nm lens nor the 445nm diode. You will need a 650nm lens. At higher powers (>250mW) you will want a 650nm glass lens. At powers lower than that you can get by with the stock acrylic lens. I'll send a stock acrylic lens along with the kit if you are building a red laser.

Peace,
dave

daguin

Femto Doc, your kit and diodes went out with the postman today.
Your tracking number is available via your PayPal account. Of course it won't go "live" until someone scans the package into the system ;)

Peace,
dave

daguin

Just a bump ;)

Peace,
dave

Dave, will those heads fit the barrels from the first two runs? Or are those the more recent heads from Kenom's new batch?

daguin

Dave, will those heads fit the barrels from the first two runs? Or are those the more recent heads from Kenom's new batch?

These are from the new batch. They will fit the older barrels, but the interior shoulder is cut differently.

In the new barrels (and the complete older Grooves) the bottom "fin" of the head is up against the body.
(new head; new body)
newbarrel.jpg

When using these new heads with the older barrels, the bottom fin is spaced away from the body
(new head; old body)
oldbarrel.jpg

You can see that the smaller diameter of the groove is slightly smaller than the rest of the head, but it really is not very noticeable.
Of course one could also figure out what part of the shoulder is hitting and cut it back some.

Peace,
dave

jakeGT

Would you sell just the host assembly by chance Dave? I love the lryton grooves but don't wanna wait on the group buy..

daguin

Would you sell just the host assembly by chance Dave? I love the lryton grooves but don't wanna wait on the group buy..

So you have a lens, diode, driver, battery, and contact springs (or want to collect them yourself)?

I can do a very limited number of just barrel assemblies with focus rings for $75 each, shipped in the US. International shipping extra.

Peace,
dave

jakeGT

what battery does it take? i have all of the components and a few extra 18650's if that's what it uses