Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

**SOLD** FS: 410mW 8X Kryton Groove

daguin

Thank you for all of your interest. This laser is now sold.

I built this a few weeks ago, but wanted to wait until the 8X murder tests showed a safe current for it. With the 8X murder test at >60 hours of "on-time", I feel confident enough to sell this.

Offered here is an 8X based Kryton Groove. The laser has an LG BH08 diode. It has a flexdrive set at 310mA. It has the 405-G-1 Low Loss lens in a Jayrob assembly. It has the indispensable Jayrob focus adaptor. It is powered by a single 18650. It is putting out 410mW. It comes with a carrying/storage case and a new battery charger It is offered here for $450, shipped in the US

8XKryton.jpg

Peace,
dave

Last edited:

Kenom

Re: FS: 410mW 8X Kryton Groove

Wow, that sucker is HOT. Very nice! wish I could afford it.

daguin

Wow, that sucker is HOT. Very nice! wish I could afford it.

These 8X's burn like the Devil himself was working it. Jayrob's focus adapter is an absolute MUST HAVE, with these. You cannot put your fingers in around the lens without burning them :evil:

Peace,
dave

Amazing. :drool: With the Kryton host, this build is absolutely epic. The added heat sinking that this host is famous for will make long burns possible. Plus it just looks great. Well done. :bowdown:

jayrob

That is one sweet build Dave...

A great price too!

Nice build! Nice bundle too, offering the charger as well!

jayrob

Sybiria, I know we talked about my Pocket Mini host and the possibility of Igor helping you get an 8X diode, but if you have not sealed the deal, this build from Dave is an awesome 8X build. And well worth the price with all the bells and whistles...

Sybiria, I know we talked about my Pocket Mini host and the possibility of Igor helping you get an 8X diode, but if you have not sealed the deal, this build from Dave is an awesome 8X build. And well worth the price with all the bells and whistles...

Yea seems to be great! I would like to add a tritium as well just for show and/or an ultrafire , but it has all the basic things that interest me, over 400mw, Ezfocus adaptor, and the 405-g-1 lens! Well I haven't sealed the deal yet TBH, since no final prices where announced!

@Daguin
What heatsink are you using on this build (copper or aluminum?)
Is it possible to build it with 12x at 500mw? (seems im obsessed with visible beams and power too...:D

Yea seems to be great! I would like to add a tritium as well just for show and/or an ultrafire , but it has all the basic things that interest me, over 400mw, Ezfocus adaptor, and the 405-g-1 lens! Well I haven't sealed the deal yet TBH, since no final prices where announced!

@Daguin
Is it possible to build it with 12x at 500mw? (seems im obsessed with visible beams and power too...:D

I'm not Daguin, but I might be able to help answer this one :)

The kryton is a big heatsink in and of itself. The diode presses right into the head, for superior heatsinking. A great piece of engineering!

The host is made out of aluminum.

I'll let Dave answer the 12x question, but I think I know the answer :whistle:

Last edited:

Kenom

The thing that makes this host so good is the diode gets mounted into the head directly with no module used. No gaps between module and heatsink means better thermal conductance and better heatsinking. The head is constructed from solid aluminum. So from diode directly to aluminum heatsink.

DSC00368.jpg

jayrob

@Daguin

Yes, as was shown above :rolleyes:, the Kryton is the best...

As much as I would like to sell you a Pocket Mini host, I must tell you that you can't beat this Kryton 8X build and price.

If you want a tritium marker on it, the grooves on the Kryton are the perfect width and depth already. All you need to do is remove a small piece of the rubber insert, and glue in the tritium marker with clear silicone glue:
Tritium7.jpg

@bryce&kenom (didnt see you quick reply :) )
Thanks that is a nice feature actually! Altogether its a its a nice looking sturdy build!

Last edited:

@jay
So if i buy from Daguin he sends it to you for fitting the tritium?

jayrob

It doesn't need any machine work for fitting the Tritium. The existing groove on the barrel is the perfect size. I can just send you a tritium vial, and you can glue it in with a little bit of clear silicone glue as shown in the picture of my Kryton Green mod above. :rolleyes:

It doesn't need any machine work for fitting the Tritium. The existing groove on the barrel is the perfect size. I can just send you a tritium vial, and you can glue it in with a little bit of clear silicone glue as shown in the picture of my Kryton Green mod above. :rolleyes:

Any chance of sending some of that glue as well :shhh: ?
I am not sure which that one is exactly! I the type that just superglue anything! Once i superglued the surround speakers to the wall :) was quite good actually till ppl started bumping in then and knocking them down!