Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SOLD: 1.5W Kryton Groove - Price Drop!

SOLD
The powder coated white laser has sold and is no longer available

Selling either of 2 Kryton Groove Lasers, buyers choice!

The first host is finished in a powder coated white finish, and the second was highly polished with a clear coat then applied to keep it oxidation free and nice and shiny. These are beautiful lasers and many members on LPF feel they are THE laser to have!

Both hosts were sent to Ehgemus upon receiveving them for modifications to make them comparable to the outstanding hosts he creates. Mods included making custom positive side battery contacts for them and incorporating the clicky switches he uses in his hosts, which is by far the smoothest switch I've seen.

The Powder Coated White laser LPM's out at just over 1.5 watts, at 1.26W and has a duty cycle of well over 1 minute, and runs off of 2 18350 batteries, which are included, The Silver one is just slightly higher and hits 1.35W, but has a shorter duty cycle of around 30 seconds.

Power is guranteed at 1,500mW, on either laser and both were were LPM'd on a recently calibrated LaserBee which measures within 2% of a reference Coherent Technologies LabMaster unit and both of DTR's LPM's.

2011_1217laser1110020.jpg
IMAG0239.jpg

IMAG0243.jpg
IMAG0241.jpg
2011_1217laser1110018.jpg

WhiteKrytonGroove.jpg
SilverKryton445nm.png

Last edited:

Re: FS: 1.5W Kryton Groove - Improved by Ehgemus

Oh man! I love the Kryton hosts (just look at my sig). What will you be doing with the other one that will not have the guts in it? Are you going to sell that too?

Nice job that Ehgemus did to enhance those Krytons you
received...

BTW... Who's Coherent Technologies LabMaster LPM was your
LaserBee 2.5W USB LPM compared to....:thinking:

Good luck with your sale...:beer:

Jerry

Thanks Jerry!

I LPM'd 2 of my lasers on Rick's reference Coherent Technologies LPM at Laser Surplus Sales here in Dallas, and sent to others to DTR to measure on both of his LPM's.

The laserBee measured each RIGHT at 2% below the other LPM's, so I am more than comfortable in guaranteeing power readings taken with it.

Paddy

Re: FS: 1.5W Kryton Groove - Price Drop!

How much would shipping cost to the UK?

Nice looking soldering station you have there Mark, how do you like it ?

It would be a good idea to do a review on it as I'm sure there is a few out here that would be interested :beer:

Aww. I would buy the white one, if I wasn't in the middle of a move. I even have the money, too bad I dont have a address yet :( . Good Luck!

How much would shipping cost to the UK?

Priority Mail would be about $14.00, any trackable shipping method is about double that.

But, I am not familiar with laser laws in the U.K. and would not be responsible if it were seized. However it could be taken apart and wrapped individually, which would probably be fine then.

Last edited:

Aww. I would buy the white one, if I wasn't in the middle of a move. I even have the money, too bad I dont have a address yet :( . Good Luck!

You could pay for it now (since you have the $$$) and have
it shipped to you once you're settled in... It would be like
getting a late Xmas gift....:san:

Jerry

Nice looking soldering station you have there Mark, how do you like it ?

I love it. Mine is from Radio Shack, but a little research before buying it led me to believe that it is actually made by Mandell for Radio Shack. And frrom thier AD201D is identical, and a couple of bucks cheper too.

Here's a link to thier site and a picture: MADELL TECHNOLOGY CORP.: Digital Soldering Station

AT201D.JPG

That's cheap for that Soldering station... Very
nice...
We pay ~$200.00 for our Weller stations we
use in the shop...

Jerry

Last edited:

You could pay for it now (since you have the $$$) and have
it shipped to you once you're settled in... It would be like
getting a late Xmas gift....:san:

Jerry

I would but this rental house doesn't have a mailbox, and I will be moving to a hotel or another house in a month. My dad doesn't want to open a PO Box because its too far, my car hasn't arrived to Florida yet. And I think you have to be 18 to open one and Im 17. I only brought my 1.2w laser with me, so im just taking a break from lasers and occasionally taking it at night and shining it in the sky. Pretty quit first week. :D

-Sorry for the threadjack OP and good luck selling your laser, if i get a mailbox before you sell it, I will buy it.

lol or buy it now and hope you get a mailbox XD
(watch u wait 3 yrs till you move again)

dootle

i like the silver one.if it is still available.how much would you take now.