Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Solar Eclipse Today - Pictures and Timelapse :)

IsaacT

Hey guys, I found out there was to be a solar eclipse today and I decided to use my camera to photograph it! Here are some images I got this afternoon and a little timelapse I put together. This is my first time trying to photograph the sun so go easy on me.

In one of the last pictures you can clearly see some very large sunspots. Anyway guys I hoped you liked it! Let me know if any of yall managed to see the Solar Eclipse today. It was visible across all of North America and Canada.

PS - I am using watermarks on my pictures because it makes me feel :cool: and because lightroom dared me to. :p

Thanks,
Isaac

Very good set of images and video Issac!
Thanks for sharing.

:beer:

Wow! Awesome photos!

Can I get a high res version of that last photo? Would make a sweet desktop background.

Some good shots there. What sort of solar filter are you using Isaac?

IsaacT

I can absolutely send you a high res version Sig! Also as for filter.....*guilty face* I didn't use one. I just made my exposure as small as possible. With all the fun I had though a solar filter is on my purchase list now.

Sig: I'll send you a PM later when I get off work.

Wow, those are some sweet shots! I'm especially surprised you didn't use a filter, yet still got such beautiful shots.

Awesome pictures Isaac! Don't think I could ever do something like that(at least for now) :D

+rep coming your way!

-Alex

IsaacT

Thanks guys! So I took one of my moon pictures from a few months ago, and tried some photoshop action. I am terrible at photoshop but after a lot of messing around I was able to fill in the solar eclipse with a faded image of the moon. Let me know what yall think!

You can make a solar filter out of a bladder from a wine cask, anything is better than nothing. Even with a good filter you can still overheat the cameras sensor Very Quickly!
Still, good shots though!