Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

So my 500mW Rayfoss arrived....

Benm

Re: So my 500mW Rayfoss shipped today....

I wouldnt rely on any fixed percentage for the IR vs green. One way of measuring it is taking a measurement close to the sensor, and another one from further away (a meter or so). Provided the IR is not very well collimated with the green, the long distance measurement shound indicate pure green power.

D

Deleted member 8382

Asuming that you can compensate the divergence with the sensor size, which could not be the case with 2mrad xD

Laha

I'll be really interested to see that review!

Ok so it arrived a couple of days ago. I have been working so I have not had much time to mess around with it.

I can say it's very bright compared to my 200mW FLX. It seems well built and I managed to burn the palm of my hand by accident :)

I will do a full review when I get a little more time, but one thing I can say I am not too happy with is the divergence, the dot looks huge. Obviously shining on a dark surface it looks better, but not as good as I had hoped.

Unscrewing the head of the laser a little made the dot bigger, so I took it apart and found the lense is mounted on a screw thread inside the head and secured with a couple of dabs of adhesive. I am going to try and scape that off and move the lense nearer the diode a little to try and improve the situation.

More to come.....

Jerry

you got something like a laser power meter? im REALLY interested in the real power measured:wave:

... I am not too happy with is the divergence, the dot looks huge. Obviously shining on a dark surface it looks better...
You need to really look at the "dot" with 532nm goggles. Only then can you really appreciate it's true divergence (although a black surface is a whole lot better than white ;))

You need to really look at the "dot" with 532nm goggles. Only then can you really appreciate it's true divergence (although a black surface is a whole lot better than white ;))

Yep, did this, it still looked bigger than I expected. I will see what it looks like when I get it outside at distance.

Jerry

DJNY

One is advertised with a filter and rated with the filter because it has one. The other is advertised without an IR filter and rated without one because it doesn't have one. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

I Wrote to them a while ago and I had to send my message at least 3 times till I got an answer:

------------------------------------------------
Hi there!

I´m interested in this two products:
www.rayfoss.com
www.rayfoss.com

The descreption of the "500mW unit" says >500mW IR filtered. Is the "600mW unit" IR-unfiltered? I think the "500mW model" puts out abou 650mW unfiltered, right? But than it wouldn´t make sense that the "600mW model" is more expensive.

Best Regards,
phi
-------------------------------------------------
Hello Phi,Good Day!

Thanks for your informtion!

After checking it's our type mistaking.The 2items price is reversed.The 500mW is IR filtered and without IR it can reach 650-680mw.The 600mW version is without IR price should less than 500mW IR filter version.Thanks for indicating this problem.
We would amend it soon!

Best regards,
www.rayfoss.com
Faona

So I wasn´t wrong thinking that something here is wrong :beer:

I Wrote to them a while ago and I had to send my message at least 3 times till I got an answer:

------------------------------------------------
Hi there!

I´m interested in this two products:
www.rayfoss.com
www.rayfoss.com

The descreption of the "500mW unit" says >500mW IR filtered. Is the "600mW unit" IR-unfiltered? I think the "500mW model" puts out abou 650mW unfiltered, right? But than it wouldn´t make sense that the "600mW model" is more expensive.

Best Regards,
phi
-------------------------------------------------

So I wasn´t wrong thinking that something here is wrong :beer:

To be honest DJ, that reply confused the hell outta me when I saw it :undecided:
Are they saying I paid too much for the lower spec one or that I underpaid for the higher spec one?

Jerry

DJNY

To be honest DJ, that reply confused the hell outta me when I saw it :undecided:
Are they saying I paid too much for the lower spec one or that I underpaid for the higher spec one?

Jerry

It´s good for you ;)

Yeah 300. post :pop: