Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sniping vs. EEkBay proxy vs. manual bidding

Although many lasers are obtained via FeeBay I put this thread in this section as I am not sure where it would be best placed.

Mods: feel free to move it.

First I actually hope none of you use a snipe service as this increases my chances of having more winning bids.

heres whats in Wiki but of course one must consider the source

Auction sniping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On FeeBay you must bid then set you a max proxy bid.

On My sniper service you do not bid- ever-

AS others bid EEkbay gladly bids higher for you.

sniper does not do that- if your max is too low you get an email- ignore it or modify. your choice.

At 7 seconds(or whatever time you choose) the sniper enters the bidding for you. This avoids bidding war frenzy-- with many bidders,-- as at that point it is often down to just a few or only two.

they are located close to Ebay( so the bid gets there a gazillionth of a second quicker) and have great servers. they can bid much faster than a human can.

a bidder with ebay proxy can always out-bid you--- until their max is reached, and then the snipe bids the min. over unless your max has been met.

you dont pay more than your max -ever -except for the 1% fee.

final point in this 'argument' if sniping services were so worthless/pointless --how come there are so many and why do they keep geting clients??

Careful how you answer that- I have not insulted anyone elses intelligence- so I ask the same respect. TY

I HAVE done a lot of reading/homework on this--have you??

big diff between an opinion and an educated opinion.

hope this helps:shhh:

hak:beer:

How does a sniping program help you get things cheaper and avoid the bidding frenzy?

If someone places a 50.00 bid on something that is currently at 5.00 ebay will automatically increase the bid till the next bid exceeds 50.00. The only thing a sniper does is move the bidding frenzy till the last 7 seconds of the auction as the sniper tries to increase the bid amount by the minimum until the proxy bid is broken.

The only way a sniper would benefit you is if someone else was attempting to snipe by hand, or without a program or service.

Proxy bidding makes sniping useless and irrelevant. You bid the most you are willing to pay and you only pay a few pennies over what the next person is willing to pay. Just because you place a bid for 50.00 does not mean you are going to pay 50.00, just like the sniping service.

Why are those services around? Well, there are lots of "pointless" services around. The gimmick is making you think you need it and that it will save you money when in reality it doesn't do anything at all to help.

Hopefully I didn't offend your intelligence too much, I tried not to for all that's worth!
:beer:

How does a sniping program help you get things cheaper and avoid the bidding frenzy?
IMO any bids I place before the final seconds are, actually, bids against myself.
If I place a bid on ,say, day one of a three day auction, and place a max proxy then anytime my bid gets passed Feebay automatically re-bids until I am again the ,for the moment , winning bidder. "nibblers" as I like to call them will nibble at your bid til it hits your limit- then you are out. As the days pass the nibbler my get outbid and he may or may not bid again.

If someone places a 50.00 bid on something that is currently at 5.00 ebay will automatically increase the bid till the next bid exceeds 50.00. The only thing a sniper does is move the bidding frenzy till the last 7 seconds of the auction as the sniper tries to increase the bid amount by the minimum until the proxy bid is broken.
Not everyone wanting an item will be using eekbay proxy. So the diff is that the items' high bid goes up sooner. Manual bidders stand no chance against a sniper that leaves me and the proxy bidders-- my sniper will find their max and beat them by the minumum. Unless they are willing to pay more than me. In which case they are welcome to the item.
The only way a sniper would benefit you is if someone else was attempting to snipe by hand, or without a program or service.

Proxy bidding makes sniping useless and irrelevant.
If that^^^ is true then why did they ban snipers from Ebay Germany?

You bid the most you are willing to pay and you only pay a few pennies over what the next person is willing to pay. Just because you place a bid for 50.00 does not mean you are going to pay 50.00, just like the sniping service.
You cannot outbid someone by a "few pennies" unless it it a 25cent item BTW
Why are those services around? Well, there are lots of "pointless" services around. The gimmick is making you think you need it and that it will save you money when in reality it doesn't do anything at all to help.

Sniper did not make me think I need them and it HAS saved me $$$.
Ebay wants you to use their proxy because you will make them more $$.

Hopefully I didn't offend your intelligence too much, I tried not to for all that's worth!
:beer:
No offence whatsoever- hopefully I did not offend your intelligence 'too much' either.:whistle:

TRY auction sniper- its a free service for the first three 'snipes' unless you are afraid that you may just be wrong...this time. If you try it using a link from me I get three more free ones too.

I know --you are sayin' "Ah thats why he likes sniper"- but think about it- why would I want free 'worthless/pointless' snipes???

BECAUSE THEY SAVE ME $$$$$$$!

I have given the link to a dozen friends- not one said that it did not work or help- so I guess they/we are all of low intelligence?? Most still use it and have linked their friends as well. like I said plz dont use it against me. I like winning auctions and paying the lowest possible price.(+ 1%)

Last edited:
But I still don't understand the point. Ebay has a sniper built in, there's really no difference between proxy or snipe bidding. Either one you put in the most you are willing to pay and you only pay as much as the next person is willing to pay.

Either way, I was about to bid on some replacement headlights for my Blazer. PM me the referral link and I'll hook you up ;)

Sniping can help you win items for cheap (which is important for people like me being on a college student budget)

Sniping is especially useful if it's only you against one or two others. They may place bids early. If you also place in your proxy bid early, they are likely to outbid you. If the item price stays very low until the end of the auction, they may not put in a large proxy bid. This is where you come in with your max amount of cash you want to spend on the item, and shove it in at the last second.

This leaves the other bidders with little to no time to reconsider upping their bids, and you usually get it.

But if they want it bad, they already have a high proxy bid in themselves and you're not going to win it anyway.

Len I don't stink-bay much anymore, but I'll give it a shot for You next time I want something I see.

I don't use snipers, but I do place my bids only extremely close to the closing time. There are good reasons for this:

- It prevents the "bidding frenzy" that is described previously. Yes, there is a proxy bidder, but there are still often people who watch the bidding, and if they're outbid, will raise their proxy amount. They just don't want to lose. If I lose because someone has a far higher proxy amount than me, that's great, but it sucks if they raise their top bid because of someone's impulsive need to win.

- It gives shill bidders less time to try and boost their price. I hate those shill bidders, and fuck those "second chancers" too. If all the bidding goes on in the last 10 or so seconds there's less time for those shills to raise-and-check the bids.

I agree totally with MM-CL and BB.

anybody ,however, wanting to give A.S. a try just send me your email via PM. 1st 3 are free and of course they never get a fee if you dont win your auction. after the free ones are gone wins cost you 1%- they take it from your PP.

btw--- dont freak when they ask for your CreepBay PW( like I did)- A.S. has been around 10 years( I have used it for 8yrs) and they cannot bid for you w/o your PW.
AS has excellant FB.
it wont hurt to go the the link I will send and check it all out- info-FAQs- the how and why it works is all there. If you have an e-store and put an ad for them there you earn free snipes for every new joiner you refer same as when you refer a friend.

I hate the new eekbay and PP too but AS helps me stand them.