Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sneek Peek at three PGLs

Not much fog last nite- but still-

can you tell which is which??

600-700 & 800 mWs.PL-E JL PGLs all on single 26650 KingKongs- (extra)

will post answer after the weekend as well as a FS thread for these three- two more(500 & 800) and two Pl-E 445s. iirc 1.5W(cheap too)

Ti-Bs both 100 & 150 (532 ir filtered) @ $172 & $198.
In stock 16650 batts extra.

The last two 14500Ti-B 1.0 100 mW are discounted to $159 + ship and batt.

btw My beam stop is a massive three trunk oak & its 69 meters away.

Attachments

• ThreePl-E 532s 007.jpg
    ThreePl-E 532s 007.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 278
  • ThreePl-E 532s 009.jpg
    ThreePl-E 532s 009.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 262
  • ThreePl-E 532s 010.jpg
    ThreePl-E 532s 010.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:

Pman

I thought you were never supposed to cross the beams? Are we still alive?:D
I would say that the blue indicator is the brightest:crackup:
Honestly, too difficult for me to tell the difference at this kind of mw and nm. Might be able to tell if it was just between the lowest and highest mw ones....

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I've got to agree with Pman on the first pic., the second one kind of looks like the middle one. They all look the same in the third one. Too close to tell really. :undecided:
All three are nice looking beams!

I've got to agree with Pman on the first pic., the second one kind of looks like the middle one. They all look the same in the third one. Too close to tell really. :undecided:
All three are nice looking beams!

THNX for the kind words Jeff--

Can you see my point in this question?

in order to acheive twice the perceived brightness of the 500mW you need 2W-to double that you need 8W etc.

:lasergun:

so little diff between these three- I DID see some mode hoping on these and as all those optics and crystals etc heat up- contraction and expansion makes stability bounce around- afaik that is what you get with DPSS lasers- a flat graph line on HP Greens is rare- you can see the changes better when these are de-focused and thru glasses- the spot looks HUGE w/o eyeware but looks quite small with. JetlaserJet has a vid at YouTube showing one of these on a 30 min run- and that is with NO fan or TEC- just a good heatsink.
I will PM you and Pman on your guesses-- posting more pics later this weekend as well as graphs and prices on these ,two other HP 532 PL-Es
and two Pl-E 445 1.5 W(coming UPS on Monday) -- They will be priced very close to a GB but no waiting - you pay I ship-:beer:

& keep in mind-- hak no likey Poop Pal no more:tsk:- my lasers.. my rules...

AND HOPEFULLY FOR THE LAST TIME- THERE IS NO PP BUYER PROTECTION ON LASERS MORE THAN 5mW___
ha ha

Nice pics Hak.

My guess on the 1st is as follow:
From left to right - 600, 700 & 500mw.

Just guess :D

Im guessing (from the first pic) the same as Cheech, but in the other pics it looks like lowest on the left through to highest on the right. The most powerful looks to be the one on the right, in all the photos. :beer:

Last edited:

Sander

Looking great Mr. Hakzaw !
I'm looking forward to buy a 500mW one this year.
Please can you tell the price for those you have tested ?
I've sold my 200mW greenie putted out 110mW.
That was my first "powerfull" laser :)
And want a greenie back ,because i love it
and still hurts that i sold my 1st one :( hahaha
Have a nice day and keep me in touch about the PGL 532nm's :)
All the best,

Sander

Looking great Mr. Hakzaw !
I'm looking forward to buy a 500mW one this year.
Please can you tell the price for those you have tested ?
I've sold my 200mW greenie putted out 110mW.
That was my first "powerfull" laser :)
And want a greenie back ,because i love it
and still hurts that i sold my 1st one :( hahaha
Have a nice day and keep me in touch about the PGL 532nm's :)
All the best,

Sander

Great taste! That 500mW 532nm would cost you roughly USD500 :beer:

Pman

As always, it's just way too difficult to see the power diff. at this kind of mw(especially as Hak pointed out when they mode hop). You can catch any combination of power depending upon where they are at in the "hop". Likely a bit harder with a pic rather than live. Wonder if it might be easier if you didn't look at the beem but thru peripheral vision or safety glasses. What do you think Hak?
I absolutely love 532nm (favorite color has always been green) but it'll drive you a bit crazy as they trend all over the place when you try to get a solid mw reading if you don't have a fast acting LPM (like myself at the moment). A few got the 520nm in the Sky GB (pretty messy as orders were rushed and QC went out the window). It's a very interesting color. The general concensus appears to be that it is best to see the nms side by side to see the difference well.
If you can find one that doesn't mode hop/ramp much (is pretty stable) keep it.
Yeah Hak, the perception in sight is like the perception in hearing. Big power difference to achieve noticeable results as you go up in db or mw. I have alot of home theatre and stereo equipment so it's the way I think about it. You would think that if I played a true 50,100,200,300,400,500 etc watt amp thru the same speakers there would be a vast difference in perceived volume but there just isn't as you get up thru the 200-300 watt range and above.

Gotta love that oh so visible green:yh:

Last edited:
thanks all for the kind words-

here is a pic of the labels on these before I did the beam shots-

more pics will be posted monday nite- two more Jl PLGs coming and two 1.5W PL-E 445s-
all will go up in a thread at the pro shop soon- repeat customers & old friends get first options-
@Sander- you can get the 'forum members' special discounts by using my name and contacting Gray for direct shipping to you- cheaper that way too.
The China Holiday is nearly over ( YEAR OF THE SNAKE)- so give JL a few days before you contact Gray-

You may have to get your batteries else where its not worth the risk to get them form JL unless you pay to get them sent alone- but NEVER w/ a laser when crossing ANY borders- I distribute JL batterys for all CONUS JL buyers- see my thread in BS&T.

answer--from left to right- 600-800-700- but read what Pman sez- at the moment of the photo- the actual mW could vary a LOT.

You are pretty much dreaming if you hope to have a HP 532 DPSS that is flat line stable - no mode hopping and TEM00-- for that you need to wait for the 520nm dld 1W of the future.

look at these links to see a price drop- (partially as a forum member deal but.)

500mW PL-E Mechanical 532nm Green Laser - Focusable

$489.99- Hak's special forum members pricing-- THANKS GRAY!!!
http://www.greenlaserpointer.org/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=56
here is the MSRP_http://jetlasers.org/532nm-lasers-jet-portable-lab-dpss-diode/105-pl-e-500mw-green-lasers-mechanical-switch.html
Forum member discounts vary. Gratings only while supply lasts.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

600mW PL-E Mechanical 532nm Green Laser - Focusable

Haks LPF price!! only$549.99-

http://www.greenlaserpointer.org/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=57

Ti B 1.0 Lasers - 532nm 100mW Green Plus a Diffraction Grating
were $172. last few 1.0 ( 14500 ) on sale..
$159.99

http://www.greenlaserpointer.org/index.php?
main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=60

NOTE- MY LISTING IS NOT CORRECT- THE PRICE OF THE
Ti-B 532/100 2.0 is now $172.99 (16650 batt)
and for the 150mW its $198.

Correction will be made ASAP.
The specs are the same except for the battery
The TiB 532/150mW 2.0 (16650) is $192.
both with free charger- ship & batts extra

Attachments

• ThreePl-E 532s 004.jpg
    ThreePl-E 532s 004.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
BUMP for added info links in above post.

One 445 1.5 W PL-E is sold!! thanks Bowtie 'jeff'< returning buyer & VIP
Holding the 500 532 PL-E for new buyer
Prices coming ASAP for the other Pl-E 532s.

as well as metering graphs...

BUMP-- the dark green host 445 (w/ label reading 1.5 W) is underspec so the price is now for a 1W-- only 259.99 +ship- one 26650 battery can be sent inside laser legally in CONUS for 10$ more- all ships for <$30usd from Texas. Comes with free sleeve for 18650 batt.

PM me if you want it- nice host unique color-- almost , but not quite black.