Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sneak Peak! *Must See*

aXit

I don't think I was really requesting a product, just inquiring whether you have access to them or intend to put them up on your site (since it's still under construction)

how do you know english so well
Just because hes working for a chinese company doesn't mean he has to be chinese. :) Since they seem to be looking to provide extra high customer service having someone whos native language is english could help whenever there might be doubt about something.

ZRTMWA

Sorry?
I am not exactly sure what power meter we have, I will check for you :)

How do I know English so well? I am from New Zealand, an English speaking country. It'd be pretty appalling if I could not speak my own language.

And sorry, I do not understand the last half of you're sentence, please rephrase it.

Please use the contact-us form to request products.

Sorry I didn't realize you were from New Zealand.

In the last half of my sentence I was saying that you are selling a "6x blu ray sled" advertised as "300mW" (300MW to be exact). If you have a 6x diode and a 405-G-1 lens you would get around 200mW, only around 170mW without some nice optics. SO advertising it as 300mW is completely dishonest. I was asking if you would care change it. thanks.

ZRTMWA

Just because hes working for a chinese company doesn't mean he has to be chinese. :) Since they seem to be looking to provide extra high customer service having someone whos native language is english could help whenever there might be doubt about something.

totally agree, I'm glad he speaks english, I was just curious

People on this forum agree that it can go to 300mW, but it wears down quite fast.
People recon that it averages at about 200mW pretty nicely, I think it was 220mA someone said they like to push them to.

I'll be discussing it with Susie.

So what is the average life of a 200mW (3000Hrs) Compared to a 300mW laser

ZRTMWA

People on this forum agree that it can go to 300mW, but it wears down quite fast.
People recon that it averages at about 200mW pretty nicely, I think it was 220mA someone said they like to push them to.

I'll be discussing it with Susie.

That is total bullshit! Jayrob had his freak 6x that with his 405-G-1 lens only put out 280mW!!!! Show me one example of someone pushing their 6x to 300mW. At 220mA it would be less than 250 unless, again, you had expensive optics and a freak diode.

As for now you've lost one customer already.

That is total bullshit! Jayrob had his freak 6x that with his 405-G-1 lens only put out 280mW!!!! Show me one example of someone pushing their 6x to 300mW. At 220mA it would be less than 250 unless, again, you had expensive optics and a freak diode.

As for now you've lost one customer already.

Isn't that a little harsh? They just opened TODAY, I wouldn't be suprised if they had some human errors..

ZRTMWA

Isn't that a little harsh? They just opened TODAY, I wouldn't be suprised if they had some human errors..

I don't feel that it is. There are no human errors in this case, he admitted he was purposely advertising them as 300mW after researching on LPF. It appears to me that he is putting false hopes into people by advertising it as 300mW. You'd be very, very lucky to have a 300mW 6x, especially without a 405-G-1 lens, as he is selling them.

Edit: hahaha, I noticed Tyler from darklasers is advertising his 6x's as 200-300mW as well

True, but if its not up to spec, you can always return items. There is a 6 month warrenty on most products..

ZRTMWA

True, but if its not up to spec, you can always return items. There is a 6 month warrenty on most products..

Choose any story on LPF about someone trying to return an item to a Chinese company and I gaurantee its genre will be horror.

aXit

I agree that the advertising is wrong.

Considering there isn't much information on beamcheap, look at the o-like 6x diode. They state the same things in the title and are comparably priced, but include the information that it's a SF-AW210.

There aren't any SF-AW210's that can sustain 200mW for any decent period of time, let alone 300mW.

Since the site is trying to advertise "Actual mW measurement" for complete lasers it really would be best to take down the 6x Blu-ray diode till you can confirm 300mW is too much. Its just giving people a bad impression.

I have had Eud speak to me and he expressed the following:

- They can go to 300mW, just wear down fast.
- People generally tend to use them at around 200mW

I have had no choice but to list it this way.
I am going to speak to Susie and get it re-done on both websites.
We'll probably just remove the 300mW and leave it at 6X.

ZRTMWA, you can return items to us.
You need to send it back, and we'll actually do it right.
Remember, the customer service part is managed from New Zealand, and you can not just assume all companies from China are dodgey!

The item was described to me a certain way, so I listed it that way.
And as stated, I am going through the process to rectify it as I do believe in honesty!

Give us a break, please.