Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

small green LD from CNI

DocX

From the picture it looks like a green without the front lenses ...

Could the divergence not be significantly improved by adding a collimation lens ?

I wonder how much this may cost ?

DocX said:
From the picture it looks like a green without the front lenses ...

Could the divergence not be significantly improved by adding a collimation lens ?

I wonder how much this may cost ?

exactly right.

The divergence is 15mRad because you're getting the raw output from the cavity without collimating optics.

The laser emitter isn't centered in the package, which would make aligning it with the lens a bit of a challenge.

It's just a DPSS module. A tiny one.
Everything looks centered to me. I don't see why it should be difficult to align a lens.

In the PDF linked in the first post, both in the foto and the engineering drawing, the window/aperture is clearly off-center by about 2mm. I don't have the actual diode to compare. Can you show a closeup foto of yours maybe?

dr-ebert said:
In the PDF linked in the first post, both in the foto and the engineering drawing, the window/aperture is clearly off-center by about 2mm. I don't have the actual diode to compare. Can you show a closeup foto of yours maybe?

Which part in the picture are you looking at?

the first picture, on the left, is a picture of where the laser light comes out. i'm not 100% sure, but I think this is a slot where the crystal would sit, centered with the pump beam. If it isn't, then it's just the same type of piece. The laser would come out at the very bottom of that slot, at the center of the module.

The second picture, the engineering drawing, is of the back end of the module, where the driver goes. The little circle with a slot is a screw, which holds the c-mount pump diode inside the module.

Ah ok, thanks. I had misinterpreted the dimensions drawing, thinking it was a combo bottom/top view (pins and aperture). I didn't know about the screw. I'm still a bit puzzled about the odd shape and location of the aperture as visible in the foto on the bottom left - assuming it is a hole in the package and not just something else that looks like one.